Saturday, January 20, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 3

Welcome to Week 3 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, is an "off" week for ProjectQUILTING, but the 2024 Stay at Home Round Robin begins.  I have other things going on, as well.  We'll just have to wait and see if any Dark and/or Bright GREEN sewing happens.

Read on to find out, but first an art intermission...

Oh!  Can you guess where I went yesterday afternoon?  I went to Britt's for an ARTventure:


SUNDAY - PQ Season 15.1 Birdhouse

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom...

The day began by spending some time with my Get Messy friends during the Easy Like Sunday Morning hangout.  Afterwards, I changed out the gallery wire to reflect January's Dark and/or Bright GREEN Color of the Month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


I made this journal page during today's Get Messy Junk Journal January LIVE event with Meg @ Meg Journals, using the color story from art out of my Artist Almanac calendar:


During the middle of the afternoon, I enjoyed my Zoom time with Knittingsuek:


After dinner, I attended Get Messy's Collage Club hangout.  It was a VERY busy day!!

MONDAY - Work was followed by loading this GREEN (and red) scrappy quilt on the longarm and sampling a number of thread choices:



Work and...

A look at the other half of the gallery wire:



Work was followed by (the color matched edition of) my weekly Zoom session with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


After dinner, SNOWFLAKES were falling around the studio.  Here's hoping I can dig my way out by the time that next week's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge rolls around!!

THURSDAY - Work

FRIDAY - Work was followed by our (delayed) Knit Group Holiday Party:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I made a fun little project in Dark and/or Bright GREEN:


Yes, I know it's NOT  a quilt top, but it's all I could manage with ProjectQUILTING thrown into the mix, along with navigating yet another 5-day work week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. I have been waiting patiently for the gallery wire pics! Love it! I'm gonna challenge myself to make a mini this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing what's on your gallery wire, and also the quilt on the longarm! That's a fun green pincushion, also. Looking forward to seeing what happened with all those snowflakes - I'm finishing up my Table Scraps project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, well-rounded week you had. Quilting, arting, sewing, zooming, and let's not forget working. Sweet green pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working can sure get in the way of playing and being creative! Now it’s time for another PQ….. Glad you got a bit of green sewing in, anxious for Table Scraps reveal’

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you got in front of the sewing machine--that makes it a good week! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any sewing counts in my book and I am off to do that! I haven't sewn since I came back from retreat...a week ago today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Grief, I can't believe what you achieve while working full time, Joy! You are a busy lady and I love reading/seeing it all. Very cute pincushion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.