Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 49 - Jane Joins in Again

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  This is the first month for the 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.  I am pleased to announce the return of Jane from Australia to our list of participants!

Here she is with news from "Down Under"...

Hello Joy,
Thought I would catch up with you again and ask if I can be part of the Table Scraps challenge again. Unfortunately I still don’t have a blog and would need to send you a pic to post for me each month, or when I can make it.
I have been checking your blog weekly and so am aware of your doings, especially all the journaling you are delving into.
I have been extremely busy as our group staged a quilt show last September. We currently have 42 peeps, but of course some were travelling and others not in good health, but we still did amazingly well.
We had almost 140 quilts hanging, had 3 traders in attendance, served lunch and teas, sold raffle tickets, operated our own trading table and did the white gloves bit over 2 days.

Our goals were - to put on a great quilt show, to have fun, and to not have a financial disaster. We checked all the boxes! Over the 2 days we had 700 visitors who were very happy, and have been able to make donations to one major charity and five community groups.

About her challenge participation...

This year I am going through many of the ways to finish the edges of a quilt, and will be showing one method each month. I have decided to finish a placemat each month - much more achievable than a quilt, and thought I might try to pull in the RSC colour and your challenge if at all possible.

Concerning her entry...

We live in Queensland which is tropical/ subtropical (it’s a very large area) so we never see snow here. I thought these pinwheel/scrolls were the closest to snowflakes, and they have green!




If you are too busy to do a post for me, I completely understand, but will attach a pic of my placemat in the hopes that you can use it. (Should have straightened it on the mat!)

Jane


Give Jane some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her creative way to meet this month's challenge as much as I did!  Thank you for sending a photo for the blog, Jane.  Like before, I'm thrilled to post your projects (and anyone else's without a blog.)  They serve to inspire others to USE their scraps that we quilters continue to accumulate!

Link Party REMINDER...

The January 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be opening on  Friday, January 26th @ 12:01 AM and I'm hope that YOU join in the scrappy fun!

Until next time...
USE those (table) SCRAPS!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a great addition to the table scraps challenge. I loved her story! impressive for a small group to put on such a successful show!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute placemat! Kudos to Jane for figuring out how to make green and snowflakes work for a project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to practice quilt finishes by making placemats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I do love the interaction of the colors against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the monthly challenge for different finishes for a quilt and a series of table runners is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.