Saturday, January 13, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 2

Welcome to Week 2 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, I'm STILL on the schedule to work all week.  Maybe NEXT week will be different, but that remains to be seen.  Here's a flashback to the art that I created during last Saturday's Get Messy season opener hangout:


I used a portion of a calendar page from The Artist Almanac 2024.  The paper bits you see are from a work by Andrea Chebeleu @ A Work of Heart Studio.

With my available free time, I managed the following...

SUNDAY - My day began by hanging out with a few of my Get Messy art friends.  I worked on this mixed media page for Junk Journal January:


Knittingsuek was busy today, so Britt and I chatted for a while afterwards:


MONDAY - Work

Long before time to leave, I captured a photo of this incredible sunrise:


This evening, I enjoyed a visit with Quilt Diva Julie and the Penn Oak Quilters:


Julie began her presentation with highlights from her book...


... And went on to share photos and insights behind each of the quilts in her Dumpster Diving series.  I have long been a fan!  As you may or may not know, scrap quilts are my quilty love language:


After the presentation, I worked on this journal page using a portion of my Artist Almanac calendar - which I wasn't sure that I would be able to rip apart.  I've found it to be quite a fun jumping off point for my work:


I wasn't sure who the original work belonged to, but guessed that it was Dee Dee Catron's.  She later confirmed that in a comment on my Instagram post.

TUESDAY - Work

But first, Breakfast with Hilary:


It was a VERY rainy day in our part of North Carolina!  I came home to this view of the creek behind our house:


Neighbors who have lived here for some time said this was the worst flooding in 20 years.

After dinner, I sewed with some GREEN scrap chunks:


WEDNESDAY - Work...

... Was followed by my weekly Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color.  Wonder of wonders, we are back to our regular day:


THURSDAY - Work

I thought you might like to see the journal page that I worked on during yesterday's chat with LeeAnna:


FRIDAY - Work

TGI (A) W I worked on this...


And finished up my entry for this week's ProjectQUILTING challenge:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

8 comments:

  1. Love all your journal pages! Very inspired purchase of the almanac, I'm enjoying mine so much (thanks again!) I got a kick out of the "send sunshine" note. I'm not a fan of gloomy days, I need my sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. That is quite the creek behind your house! I'm imagining it is normally a trickle. Hope your schedule allows a little more scrappy fun time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very busy week but hopefully your schedule will be better this coming week. You need time to play with scraps. I love your art work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creek looks more like a pond in that photo! How fun to have a presentation from Quilt Diva Julie - I'm a big fan of her Dumpster Diving quilts, too. Hope we get to see your Project Quilting finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty good week - especially your visit with Quilt Diva Julie - What fun! Your creek is really one the banks ;( Around here it's been snow, snow, and much more snow. Add winds and now very cold temps. I'm just enjoying myself with quilting and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately we've been having some beautiful sunrises (and sunsets) here in IL too. Glad you had some time for creativity. Looks like a good week, in spite of the very rainy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure had a busy week! Your January Journal pages are so cool! We didn’t have rain, but some snow and wind and cold! I’m tired of winter already! I’m off to check all the Project Quilting entries! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rain adds up ! Looks like you managed to add fun into the work week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.