Saturday, January 27, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 4

Welcome to Week 4 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, is an "on" week for ProjectQUILTING, but the 2024 Stay at Home Round Robin begins.  I have other things going on, as well.  There will be scrap sewing, but will it be anything I can share here?

Read on to find out...

SUNDAY - 
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom...

The day began by playing Roll the Dice with my Get Messy friends during the Easy Like Sunday Morning hangout.  The prompts included Stamp, Marker, Splatter, Gold, and Add a Quote.  I responded to those prompts by selecting an image from my Artist Almanac and going from there:


Once that was done, I spent the afternoon at my sewing machine and only took a break to visit with Knittingsuek during our weekly Zoom session:


MONDAY - NO WORK!!!  I spent the day (My first regular weekday off since September!sewing and arting.  It was a pleasure to be able to attend Claudette's Curiosity Collective hangout on Get Messy.  I kept my page simple today, with just a bit of collage and some words:


The cold and rainy weather, along with my incomplete challenge project, kept me from getting to January's Quilt Guild meeting this evening.  I was a quilter on a mission!

TUESDAY - Before work, I put the finishing touches on these two journal pages.  The prompts were PEEKING OUT and BOOKSHELF:

The face doodle was done by a coworker over the holidays and she loves being near the water.  I expanded on the sliver of an image from a book to mimic the rest of the scene.

After dinner, SNOWFLAKES continued to fall around the studio.  I'm still hoping that I can dig my way out by the time that Friday's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge rolls around!!

WEDNESDAY - Work was followed by my weekly Zoom session with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


I forgot to tell her that I finally won at the Connections game that she told me about last week.  It is quite challenging to figure out what the themes might be for the seemingly random list of words provided:


THURSDAY - Prior to heading out for work this morning, I did some scrap sewing... In my art journal made for Junk Journal January!  Yesterday's prompt was FABRIC and after digging in my big bucket of batik scraps, this was the way I chose to include cloth on my page:


Work was followed by my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee meeting.  Knittingsuek brought me this sweet sewing machine ornament:


It was a small gathering this evening and I nearly missed my photo op:



Work was followed by an evening of art making with some of my Get Messy friends.  I expanded on this nature themed photo with mixed media in my Hangout Journal:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

This was the bulk of my scrap sewing in Dark and/or Bright GREEN this week...


Check out tomorrow's ProjectQUILTING post to see what the front looks like.  :o))

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful progression of your art journal! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing Connections, too - sometimes I get all four, and sometimes I get none! Looking forward to seeing your PQ finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids, husband, and I do Connections every morning. They are a great way to contort your brain cells! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.