Saturday, October 21, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 42

Welcome to Week 42 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  As you know, I'm a fairly busy person.  I like to joke that the less I'm home, the less I have to do housework.  Well, this week, even I'm tired from all that was on my schedule!

SUNDAY - It was a whirlwind of a day!  It started off with...

Taking a photo of my Nest Journal that Britt and I collaborated on.  The Nest Journal is a term coined by a fellow founding member of The Roben's Nest art membership:


Then my Easy Like a Sunday Morning Get Messy Hangout. Next, I was off to brunch with several of my knitting friends.  Sadly, I neglected to take a photo of the brunch bunch.  :o((

When I got home it was the to Zoom with Knittingsuek:


Then I enjoyed a vitrual quilting workshop with Brenda Gael Smith of Australia.  I couldn't resist a class called FUNdamentally Circles:


(Channeling my RSC Quilter friends) Here are the fabrics I chose to work with:


This is the view that bid her students farewell.  It's the incredible view out her studio window:


After dinner, I finished the quilting on the final QOV for local veterans:


MONDAY - This morning I took some time to make use of the collage clusters that I make over the weekend:


The 2023 Neighborhood Challenge was due tonight at Quilt Guild.  More on that in next Wednesday's post.  One of the entrants was my friend Diane.  Lucky me!  She also brought along another Bag of Joy filled with fabric scraps:


TUESDAY - I was thrilled to get a photo of these beautiful Light NEUTRAL flowers in my neighbor's garden this afternoon.  Great for art and my RSC Quilter friends:


WEDNESDAY - I had just enough time before work to join the International Art In for Peace + Unity...


Inspired by my friend Britt's MOSAIC prompt for Day 60 of the 2023 ICAD Challenge, I finally worked on this collage:


Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - I raced home after work to join in this month's Winging It meet-up with my Get Messy friends.  This month the hostess read a children's book titled "Virginia Wolf".  It's about a girl who paints a world to bring her sister out of the doldrums.  I came in just as she was asking participants to share a color, symbol, or word that helps brighten their day when they find themselves "down in the dumps".  Once everyone everyone shared, we were encouraged to make art using some of the mentioned items.  Here is what I made using a stenciled page in my Flowers Magic ArtFest journal that seemed like a good jumping off point, as the black paint could easily represent the doldrums:


Can you believe I use every one of those supplies on that 3" x 5" page?!?!

FRIDAY - I'm so glad that my schedule is allowing me to attend Knit Group before heading off to work!  We had a guest this morning and I forgot to get a photo.  :o((

After FIVE MONTHS, the construction crew FINALLY added erosion control to the hill they created across the street and just in time, by the looks of those clouds:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I plan on spending the day trying to figure out what projects will get packed up and carted off to the mountains with me next week. This is what I have gathered this is what I've gather so far.  Here's hoping that I can make some good progress at the Quilt Retreat:


Internet connectivity is spotty, at best, out in no man's land near the North Carolina - Virginia border.  Please leave any comments, but know that I may not get back to you before NEXT weekend.  I feel SEW sure that you understand.  Thanks for that.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

13 comments:

  1. a very good week! Excited for you to enjoy the retreat! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great week! I can't wait to see what you make progress on at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do keep busy, but it always looks like lots of fun! Hooray for a paved street, too. Have fun at the retreat - are you going to Quiltville Inn? That looks like a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully, your retreat will include working on whatever you started in Brenda Gael Smith's workshop. It sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know how you keep up the pace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A paved street and erosion control sounds like a real step forward! Enjoy that retreat! I hope you get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that was a busy week. Enjoy your trip to the mountains, fingers crossed you get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that was a busy week but it must have been fun. Enjoy your retreat and I hope you get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just enjoy the retreat and forget about the Internet. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you off to Quiltville Inn again? Have fun, I'm sure you'll get a lot done, but don't take any side trips to the ER (or was it urgent care) this time.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do stay busy! I hope your retreat time will be a source of some rest although that is not my experience! I always go home from retreats exhausted. We will be here, waiting to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - I get tired just reading about YOUR busy week! Have a fun, relaxing time on retreat! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a whirlwind of activities! The QOV is especially pretty. But all of the artsy projects really intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.