Saturday, October 7, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 40

Welcome to Week 40 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week presented 5 days of work, 3 meetings, and a boatload of errands.  I also carved out some quilting time.

Wanna see???


With that housekeeping taken care of, I enjoyed some art-ing.  Pale orange is a Light NEUTRAL, isn't it?!?!  :o))  The journal page below was created using a series of prompts during this morning's Get Messy hangout on Zoom:


This afternoon, I enjoyed catching up with Knittingsuek during our weekly Zoom call:



After dinner, I went searching for Light NEUTRAL scraps and Orphan blocks:


TUESDAY - Breakfast with Tiffany... Er... Hilary...


And an afternoon snack with Tracy:


I was SEW happy to deliver her quilt.  Fortunately, she was thrilled to receive it:


WEDNESDAY - No day off this week, but...

I still managed to get in a Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


I worked on this collage during our call:


THURSDAY - Drive a truck to work day???  We've got a GIANT loaner truck and I had to drive it today.  PLEASE tell me that I never EVER have to do THAT again!!!

Before work, I did the binding on this donation quilt that my friend Maggie made.  I quilted it a couple of weeks ago, but decided to go ahead and bind it, too:


After work, I started quilting the second quilt:


FRIDAY - Knit Group before work:


I was a little late because I wanted to finish the quilting on this donation quilt:


After work was a crazy blur of errands and overnight guests!  DS1 stopped by on his way to Pilot Mountain.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  Maybe quilting time was a bit of an overstatement (when you were probably expecting to see scrap sewing.  Sorry to be such a tease!)

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

10 comments:

  1. All the quilts you did are gorgeous! Lots of scrappy goodness in my opinion! I had an almost “no sew” week. Appts took over nearly every day! Sad! I have an annual medical appt and Mr. Busy has a “procedure” , so next week might not be better! I’ll sneak in what I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice that you are able to work on donation quilts - they're beautiful and going to be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful quilts! Sorry you had to drive the giant truck - I'm hoping you get wish of never driving it again! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy and productive week you have had! Wow, I feel lazy! Take care, happy sewing to you for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a week of art and friends... so good!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such busy weeks you have, crammed full of friends, crafts, and work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a lot done on a busy work week. Love the arting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuk on the driving the truck! Looks like you had a good week. Here's to another good one with more arting, sewing and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you fit in your creativity with your busy weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another busy and awesome week for you! The truck reminded me of the giant truck I got as a loaner a couple summers ago when my car was in the shop. I could hardly get up into the cab without help, and was stuck with driving it for over a month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.