Saturday, October 14, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 41

Welcome to Week 41 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This was another quilty week for me and I did a little bit of art, too.  I also took this photo of my Light NEUTRAL scraps to show my RSC Quilter friends what I have to work with this month, never mind that the month is nearly half gone:

Wanna see what I did with my week??  Read on...

SUNDAY - I started my day with art friends on the Easy Like a Sunday Morning at Get Messy.  We played Roll the Dice with a theme of Autumn.  I decided to combine the theme with the final page in my 5-Minute Art Challenge journal from this Spring.  The prompts were book page, stencil, circles, napkin, and tape.  All were represented on the 3" x 8" page below:


After lunch, I enjoyed my weekly Zoom session with Knittingsuek, but my phone ate the photo.  :o((

Once our call was finished, I switched gears.  The goal for the afternoon was to get the crazy House blocks that I made this year set into a quilt top.  Apparently, the quilting gods weren't with me.  This is as far as I got on the project before ambling off into ArtLand:


There were a couple of lessons that I wanted to watch and try from the Life Book Taster Session...

Here is my take on Angela Anderson's class called Welcome to My Garden:


I also made an attempt at Pamela Vosseller's Scribble Drawing:


MONDAY - A dip in the scrap bin yielded this Light NEUTRAL binding...


For a quilt made by on of the members of the Tuesday Group Donation Quilters:


TUESDAY - I took a trip to my friend Maggie's to pick up another donation quilt for longarming.  Here it is loaded, with the quilting begun:


WEDNESDAY - I started my day by meeting my friend Hilary for breakfast:


After work I was supposed to head right home to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color, but got sidetracked by the need to pick up DH from work.  Thankfully, LeeAnna was still smiling... Even though I was a half-hour late for our meeting:


THURSDAY - After work today, I pulled these fabrics for my class with Brenda Gael Smith from Australia coming up on Sunday.  I'm using a combination of FQs from my recent drawing win and a dip in the Light NEUTRAL scrap chunk bin:


FRIDAY - Knit Group before work today and afterwards...


I arrived home to find a paved street in front of our house:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. I'd say you made a great start laying out your crazy house blocks. The fun will begin when you decide what to use between blocks. Well, it would for me. I'm always tempted to go that extra step, perhaps add various landscaping elements between the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a paved street instead of heavy equipment - that's a HUGE improvement!! You had another crazy busy week from the sounds of it, but still manage plenty of creativity time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Welcome to My Garden piece turned out beautifully! You definitely stay busy. Happy creating this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully creative week you had, Joy. I love your flowers in Welcome to My Garden. They are perfect!!! ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little house blocks! It will be fun to see what you do with them. Hooray for a paved street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be nice to have a paved road before the bad weather sets in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pavement - that is a change! Such a fun week you had and look at all those neutrals to play with. I finally got to sew a little this morning. I think I'll head back in there and see what trouble I can get myself into!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.