Saturday, October 28, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 43

Welcome to Week 43 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Expect the unexpected this week, my friends.  You may have to wait on the details, but suffice it to say that I will be doing a LOT of sewing this week!

Quilt Retreat, here I come!!!  :o))

SUNDAY - My day began with some art time with my Get Messy friends in the Easy Like a Sunday Morning hangout.  I swatched my new watercolor set:


After lunch, I was back on Zoom for my weekly call with Knittingsuek:


As the hours in the day waned, I got down to the business of packing for my retreat:


MONDAY - Mini Monday

This morning I headed off to the North Carolina mountains for a Quilt Retreat...


And visit with one of my oldest quilting friends in the state.  Well, Tiffany's not old, but I've quilted with her for 20+ years:


Thinking of my RSC Quilter friends, applying Light NEUTRAL binding to this colorful quilt:


TUESDAY - Sewing, sewing, just keep sewing!  These four Orphan blocks got some new friends.  This is what happened next:


WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday

No Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color today.  Internet is spotty at the retreat center here in the mountains.  There were some Light NEUTRALS in with the purple scraps I was sewing today:


THURSDAY - It's hard to believe how FAST the week has gone by!  I'm heading home tomorrow.


Things got a little silly after dinner:



On the road again?  I am SEW not ready to leave this beautiful place:



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

NOTE:  If YOU are participating in the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge, the Color of the Month for November (since Angela didn't call for one this year) will be:

Dark NEUTRALS

Remember...

You can look forward to additional retreat updates coming next week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a beautiful retreat. Hope it was very productive, too! (And eek! How is it week 43??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun at the retreat! Beautiful sunset photos - or maybe one is a sunrise? Hope you will show us a finished photo of the quilt you were sewing the binding on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a grand time at your quilting retreat. Hope you got a lot accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always so nice to attend a retreat with quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fun time and got a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your retreat must have been fun, and quite productive. It's such fun to sew with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy for you to enjoy a quilt retreat! What a view!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.