Friday, October 27, 2023

October 2023 - ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge - Link Party

Welcome to the October 2023 edition of the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge here at the Joyful Quilter!!  Thanks for stopping by the Link Party to see what participants have made this month. I am having a hard time believing that November is only a few days away.  The weather turned cool here last week.  So cool, in fact, that we are now in negotiations about when to turn on the heat.  UGH!!  Heat season is NOT my favorite.

I host this challenge in conjunction with Angela's (RSC) Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ So Scrappy.  It's been SEW much fun to offer the...



Button credit to Susan @ Desert Sky Quilts, updated by me.

Since basically ANY small quilted item qualifies for this challenge, I scrounge through my scrap basket to see what I can come up with.  

Each month I offer a prompt to help get your creative juices flowing.  While you are NOT required to use it in your project, the guiding word is revealed at the end of each month's LINK PARTY post.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the next month's focus.  It, along with the RSC Color of the Month (as soon as Angela releases it - around the 1st of the month) will also be added to the 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge page at the top of the blog.

October's letters were:

Q and/or T

I very nearly abandoned the idea of coming up with a design to include both letters, as well as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month.  October's color was Light NEUTRAL.  As you might have seen earlier this month, I had a multitude of those in my scrap baskets...


But HOW was I going to come up with a plan for the scraps I found???

Inspiration struck during my Zoom class with Brenda Gael Smith from Australia.


This is a photo of the (potential) back of the table runner:


But...

As much as I wanted to, that didn't really work for me.  Sorry, Diane!  The piece of fabric that I took to Guild last month (and subsequently brought home with me) ended up winning that battle. 

Soon enough...

The time arrived for quilting the quilt:


I'm pleased to present my completed ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry for October, shown here, hanging on the gallery wire in my studio:


How does the quilt fit this month's theme, Joyful???

Like this:

Q = The Letter Q, rather easy to spot, but it needed to be filled out by the quilting.

Q = The Letter T, somewhat stylized.

Here's a closer look:


What's next, Joyful???

The month of November is still a few day off.  To the best of my knowledge, Angela hasn't announced the new Color of the Month yet, but I'll update this post and the 2023 Challenge page at the top of the blog as soon as I find out.

UPDATE:  Whoops!  Angela planned for November to be for block set completion and assembly.  I have, therefore, made an executive decision for the purposes of the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge, our color will be:

Dark NEUTRALS

November's letters are:

K and/or W

NOTE:  Is this one a big challenge for you?  I have NO IDEA what I will create!  Are YOU inspired???  If not, keep thinking.  I'm sure you will figure something out!

And now...

It's time for YOU to link up your Q and/or T projects in the LINK PARTY below.  All entries MUST be submitted by Wednesday, November 1st @ 11:59PM (EDT).


Until next time...
USE those table scraps!!!
#ABCtableSCRAPSchallenge2023
#tablescrapschallenge2023

I couldn't resist one more porch swing picture:



8 comments:

  1. You did a great job of meeting all the prompts this month. I really like how you did the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those double curves are awesome, Joy! That must have been a good class that you took. So fun to see how you made the Q and the T show up, too. Thanks for hosting this challenge - it's always a fun part of my month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!!! You did both letters so well!
    We may have had to turn the heat on already... hope your negotiations go well hha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have had a bug lately to learn more about curves and you did a perfect little project! I think I could handle giving something small a try. And of course you hung it on the gallery wire just for me...my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job using light neutrals and the Q and T! Very nice! I enjoy this challenge a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and fabulous quilt. Well done, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice little neutrals quilt! I had to work to see the T! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyful, what a great little quilt. It took me a while to find the Q and T 😆. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks and hosting this great party 🥳

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.