Monday, October 2, 2023

Fall 2023 (Ravelry) UFO Club - The List

Welcome back to The Joyful Quilter!!  The Fall 2023 (Ravelry) UFO Club is now OPEN for sign-ups!!  Participants MUST list (at least) FIVE quilt projects. Photos should accompany the list. Sign-ups end at midnight EDT on October 7, 2023.

NOTE: All qualifying finishes must be posted BEFORE midnight (EST) on December 31, 2023!!!

What's the plan this time, Joyful???

My strategy is usually to list WAY more projects than I could EVER finish in a single session and hope for the best!  The "at least FIVE" project requirement for participation is the bare minimum, but I tend to err on the side MORE is better because of the fact that I am a bit of a moody quilter.  That means I have to "be in the mood" to work on any given project!  By varying the size and style of the items included on my list, I have options.  These choices increase the chances of finding projects that I want to work on during the quarter.

Here is my project list for the FALL 2023 (Ravelry) UFO Club:
1. Kaffe Runner/Topper (2022)


2. Blue and Green for Parrish (2016)

3. SAHRR Holiday Edition (2023)

4. Rainbow Picnic (2017)


5. DOQ Neighborhood Challenge (2023)


6. Scrap Jar Stars (2017)


7. Sweet Kisses (2021?)


8. Grape Candy Coated (2023)


9. Scrappy Light NEUTRAL Runner/Topper (2023)


10. NICU FQ Breeze (2019)


11. Stay at Home ROW Robin (2021)

12. Bright Eyes (Faces Workshop 2021)
SEW...

Since I'm going on another retreat in a few weeks, I have chosen to compile a heavier list this term.  Hopefully, with 12 projects for the Fall 2023 UFO Club, I will have PLENTY of options from which to choose.  My goal is actually only ONE finish for the quarter.  More than that is a bonus!

Speaking of bonuses...

13. Aboriginal Runner (2022)


I thought I'd add one more, just to be on the safe side!  There are times when I can't manage more than a small project. A baker's dozen, it is!
Remember...
There's still time for YOU to join in the finishing fun!  Sign-ups are open through Saturday, October 7th @ midnight (EDT), so head over to the Quilters Knitting group on Ravelry today.  Email if you need help with the process. (You will need to sign-up for Ravelry, the Quilters Knitting group, then state your intentions and projects in the discussion thread linked above.)
Until next time...
Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

  1. Great choice of projects,so the deal is to list at least 5 & complete at least ,1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for rainbow picnic and bright eyes! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you think - one finish and anything more being a bonus! I'm sure you'll meet your goal since you have some great choices. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember some of those quilts! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed. Each one is its own work of art. Yes, yes! Do finish some! I'm not a quilter, but I've decided I'm an encourager of those who are. I always wonder why do quilters have those unfinished ones. Do you lose interest? not enjoy the next phases of the process? get excited about the newest challenge? just like having a choice of what to work on each day/week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joy,I can't find where to join or add photos for the Fall UFO club,I joined Ravely but can't find the Fall UFo sign ups

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh! You have 13 WIPs?! Looks like most of them are tops that need quilting. Is that right? In any case, I'm glad this is YOUR list and not mine. I would be totally overwhelmed and anxious to have that many unfinished projects. Gosh, I get the willies just thinking about it! Honestly, I know I have a few WIPs but I usually touch each one at least once a month, so I don't feel like I'm slacking. Hope you accomplish all you hope to while you're on retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.