Monday, October 23, 2023

Mini Monday - Art Journaling Adventure

Welcome to another edition of  Mini Monday!! How long has it been since the last post in this series?  I can't recall (and don't have the energy to go check).  I'm here to share my latest journal finish. It's a SMALL journal, so I think it (loosely) fits into the series.  Thank you to Tiffany Goff-Smith of Southern Gals Design, Kristin Peterson of Altered States Studio and Dee Dee Catron of UmWowStudio for the reminder that UGLY art is still ART.

Enjoy the tour!!!

I made this one at an ARTventure Day with @britt_quilts:


Isn't it pretty?!

A magazine cover on the outside cover and a map from Britt 's stash inside the cover. 

Left: Map of special significance, Right: Stenciled information that I normally add to the cover.

Here's a look at each 2-day spread and how I chose to interpret each prompt...

Day 1 and 2:

 Left: Swatch, Right: Thick & Thin

Day 3 and 4:

Left: Galaxy, Right: Tangled

Day 5 and 6:

Left: Numeral, Right: Amber

Day 7 and 8:

Left: Photo, Right: Pasted

Day 9 and 10:

Left: Text, Right: Muted 

Day 11 and 12:

Left: Continuous Line, Right: Tick Marks
Day 13 and 14:

Left: Kraft, Right: All That Glitters

Day 15 and the inside back cover:

Left: Flora, Right: The Challenge emblem, saved for posterity.

Editors Note...

I finished up the final pages of my Spring 2023 5-Minute Art Challenge journal the Saturday before last.  I had skipped several prompts because I couldn't decide where to go with them.  Ultimately, with the help of my a few of my favorite Get Messy Art Hangouts, I managed to complete the journal.  Thank you to the facilitators of TGI(A)W, ELASM, and The Collage Club for providing the space and time needed to settle down and do some art!

Until next time...
We are ALL artists in our own way!!

3 comments:

  1. Journaling is such a sister to your quilting skills--nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah such a darling project. You are so creative in creating the pages. I enjoy working on camping journals where I add artwork, cutouts and such. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.