Friday, September 29, 2023

September 2023 - ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge - Link Party

Welcome to the September 2023 edition of the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge here at the Joyful Quilter!!  Thanks for stopping by the Link Party to see what participants have made this month. In my part of the world, Fall fell on the 22nd.  It arrived with cooler temperatures.  Have they begun to arrive where you live?  With October just a day away, the cool mornings have arrived along with cool evening, but many afternoons are hot enough for me to want to stay inside and quilt. What about you?

I host this challenge in conjunction with Angela's (RSC) Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ So Scrappy.  It's been SEW much fun to offer the...



Button credit to Susan @ Desert Sky Quilts, updated by me.

Since basically ANY small quilted item qualifies for this challenge, I scrounge through my scrap basket to see what I can come up with.  

Each month I offer a prompt to help get your creative juices flowing.  While you are NOT required to use it in your project, the guiding word is revealed at the end of each month's LINK PARTY post.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the next month's focus.  It, along with the RSC Color of the Month (as soon as Angela releases it - around the 1st of the month) will also be added to the 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge page at the top of the blog.

September's letters were:

P and/or Z

It took a while to come up with a design to include both letters, as well as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month.  September's color was AQUA.  As you might have seen earlier this month, I had precious little of that in my scrap basket...



But WHAT could I do with the scraps I found???

Inspiration struck while Zooming with LeeAnna.

And as you might have seen earlier in the week...

Quilting friends to the rescue!!  I was only too happy to use the scrap infusion from Kathleen which arrived right when I was ready to begin:


It's a small quilt and was fast to stich, even with a couple of cutting errors.


The backing and binding arrived just as I finished up the quilt top thanks to a scrap infusion from Mari:


SEW...

I layered up the pieces with a scrap of batting and began the quilting... And the UN quilting:


This is the back of the little quilt now:


Then it was time for binding:


I'm pleased to present my completed ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry for September, shown here, hanging on the gallery wire in my studio:


How does the quilt fit this month's theme, Joyful???

Like this:

P = PEAR inspired by LeeAnna's sweet quilt last month.

Z = Zig Zag quilting and ZIPPY use of Mari's scrap in fusion.  Her package arrived on Friday afternoon and  by Saturday afternoon my latest gallery wire mini assumed pride of place on the gallery wire.

What's next, Joyful???

The month of October arrives the day after tomorrow.  To the best of my knowledge, Angela hasn't announced the new Color of the Month yet, but I'll update this post and the 2023 Challenge page at the top of the blog as soon as I find out.  Edited to add the announced color:

LIGHT NEUTRALS

October's letters are:

Q and/or T

NOTE:  It seems like this may be another big challenge!  What will YOU create???

And now...

It's time for YOU to link up your P and/or Z projects in the LINK PARTY below.  All entries MUST be submitted by Wednesday, October 4th @ 11:59PM (EDT).


Until next time...
USE those table scraps!!!
#ABCtableSCRAPSchallenge2023
#tablescrapschallenge2023

7 comments:

  1. That's so cute, Joy! I've admired LeeAnna's pear quilt, too. I think those pears are fun in every color. And perfect for your gallery wire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gallery wire winner! It’s always great when we “ can get by with a little help from our friends “. Happy Fall in your neighborhood. It’s definitely fall here too! A favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quirky & Tiny would work for the Q&T for next month. You are already good at the tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another super cute mini for me to enjoy on your gallery pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pear, Joy! Your gallery wire is contains some beautiful art!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you enjoyed the scraps...one of my favorites in that pear quilt - which is a pear-fect finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.