Saturday, September 16, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 37

Welcome to Week 37 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, was filled with one surprise after another... And not all of them were good.  :o((

Can you guess what happened???

SUNDAY - Easy Like a Sunday Morning GM Hangout started off my day.  Our theme was Monochrome and my page turned into pink overload:


After lunch, it was time for my weekly Zoom with Knittingsuek:


Surprise Number One...

A weather system floated through, but get a load of that bright spot across the street:


MONDAY - Before work I had a bit of fun with some AQUA scrap sewing:


When I returned home it appeared that the construction workers wanted to make sure we had no trouble finding our driveway... They barricaded the street extension:


TUESDAY - Getting to work this morning was a bit of a challenge, as our driveway is to the right of where that dump truck is blocking the ENTIRE street:

:

My friend Tracy and I met after work for knitting, a snack and some catching up:


Surprise Number Two...

WEDNESDAY -  It was my day off and watched one of Kolbie's Watercolor classes @ This Writing Desk...


Before an early Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


Surprise Number Three???

It was early because I had to go "rescue" DS2 at work because his car died on the way there.  :o((

THURSDAY - Work


Surprise Number Four...

DS2's car is shot!!  It's got a blown engine and now he's got to buy another car or else we're going to have to carpool next week.  :o((

Surprise Number Five...

Look at the lovely AQUA scrap infusion that arrived in the mail from Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing:

Thank you, Kathleen!!!  I know just what I will be making with some of these scraps.  Can you say ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge?  :o))

FRIDAY - Work was preceded by Knit Group.  This week we were a Rambling River Mercantile in Haw River, NC:


After dinner, I spent a creative hour with Get Messy friends from all over the country.  I worked on the final pages for last month's 5-Minute Art Challenge:

Photo Currently Unavailable!!

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  She got the party started early this morning or else she was like the far-off neighbors who were up half the night (play music loud enough to keep me awake for hours!)

I'm off to my Quarterly Quilt Bee meeting.  Catch ya later!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

13 comments:

  1. That whole construction zone can't be finished fast enough I'm sure. How frustrating that they can block your driveway and street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The construction stuff is such a hassle. Hopefully it soon gets to the point that it's not so bad. So sorry to hear about DS2's car. That's not an easy fix. Hopefully this next week won't have so many surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - too many surprises - best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some day, you’ll look back on this post and chuckle (I hope) at all the surprises! Those aqua scraps are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTHeck! Can’t those “men” wrap their head around the fact that they are in your space? Gee Whiz!! Yuk! I do not like car shopping. Fingers crossed that project goes well! Carpooling in a pain! Good for you getting some aqua sewing in! Hooray for your other “art” too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you, getting some lovely fabric pieces in the mail. I hope your neighbouring roading issues are now dealt with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely, a mix of friends, aqua, paint and fabric, and a zoom for me
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Besides the whole construction mess, you had a fabulous week full of surprises. Thanks for the restaurant plug. Might have to check it out on our next NC trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I miss the pic of your line with aqua mini quilts? Love aqua but your pic overload is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just as you predicted, the construction has greatly impacted you and your family. So sorry about the "dead car" too. Glad you have the chance to continue to Zoom and/or FaceTime with your crafty friends. You are a gal on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite a week! I'm sure that construction feels like it's been going on forever. Sorry about the dead car - that's an expensive surprise - ugh! Love the aqua scraps - aqua is such a relaxing, creative color. Hope this week holds only good surprises for you. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa boy - you had a lot of surprises!!! Hope all is better this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.