Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wonderful Wednesday - The AQUA Mug Rug for the RSC

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  I'm here today to share this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge project.  I usually end up missing post day and just add any project to my weekly RSC post on whatever day of the week I finished it.  This one began as my entry for September's ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge...

And then I remembered the ABC portion of the challenge.  Whoops!!

I was digging through my nearly empty AQUA Quilted Scrap Basket, but didn't see anything that "spoke" to me:


That's when I spotted something out of the corner of my eye.  The groovy bongo player attached to an AQUA scrap from Diane:


As it turned out, the bongo player had brought along their band of friends:


With strips already sew, all I had to do was arrange them and stitch the rows...


(Minimally) Quilt it up...


And bind it off this AQUA Mug Rug:


Thank you to Diane for sharing the off-cuts from this darling 16-Patch donation quilt:

NOTICE:
Quilt and photo above compliments of Diane @ Stitch Studio

I have THE BEST time playing with your fabric scraps!!

Until next time...
Let's go SEW!!!

8 comments:

  1. Cute little mug rug! Playing with scraps is so satisfying and I've done a lot of that playing lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cutie, Joy! I like the way you used different sizes of strips in it. That's a fun little inspiration print, too! I like how it worked for a neutral background in Diane's original quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the Groovy Bongo Girl got another gig!
    Always fun to see how these scraps end up in new projects.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the portions of the quilt with the aqua and the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! As I go check and see what letters I have to work with as I head to find some aqua....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found the whole band! Cute little mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute - the little bongo player is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little mug rug. The bongo player and the band - what a fun find in that stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.