Saturday, September 9, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 36



Welcome to Week 36 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!
  This week was another good one.  I did some art, but was there any sewing?

Yesterday...

Maybe not sewing, but I did use an AQUA fabric scrap for this little paper doll from yesterday's Class Peek at Get Messy:


Did you guess that the doll in the photo above was me:


Speaking of photos...

Here's one from the very beginning of last weekend:


It's the photo DH took for me on Friday night.  I left my phone at home when we went for a walk, but spotted this string of 22 lights in the night sky.  What was it???  The Space-X satellite chain!!!  Sorry for the delay in posting, but DH didn't forward the photo in time for me to add it to last week's post.  :o(( 

What about THIS week, Joyful???  Keep reading to find out...

SUNDAY - The day started off with the Easy Like a Sunday Morning hangout with my Get Messy friends.  AQUA paper scraps and a bit of thread:


Then it was time for my weekly Zoom with Knittingsuek:


Afterwards, I decided it was well past time to fire up The Beast:


MONDAY - The Labor Day Holiday was just the break I needed to get busy with my AQUA scraps:


Just LOOK at that adorable artsy bongo player fabric from a recent scrap infusion from Diane and friends!

I took some time during the afternoon to tryout a GM Hangout that doesn't normally work with my schedule.  During the Curiosity Collective...


I enjoyed looking back a class focusing on Joy and Happiness.  Using the Matisse-like shapes in the demonstration, I created this journal page for the flowers and rainbows that make me happy:


Later...

I had a date with my rotary cutter and a handful of AQUA scraps:


Including this one (whose selvedge reads: I SEWED SOMETHING PRETTY FOR YOU) leftover from my niece's wedding quilt a few years ago:


TUESDAY - Work

I made a quick stop at a new local coffee shop for a Pumpkin Scone to share with DS2:


WEDNESDAY - Work was preceded by...

A new sign at the end of our driveway:


It was followed by my weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Work...

Was preceded by a bit of AQUA scrap sewing:


FRIDAY - Work...

But first, Knit Group!  :o))


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I was late for the party because I was attempting to beat the storm that was heading our way:


Stay tuned to see if my attempt was thwarted.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

14 comments:

  1. Love your blues and aquas and your self portrait looks like you! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's you, Joy! (Or maybe I should say, "she's you?") Amazing! Looking forward to seeing what you're making with those aqua scraps. The sign could mean your driveway will be covered up for months - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can’t wait to see what the Bongo player becomes! She and her groovy friends were in a recent donation quilt for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many ways can you work aqua into your week? I lost count. What is clear each moment lives up to your pseudonym.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the self portrait! You had a fun week and I hope you were able to finish before the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such busy weeks, pleased you still managed to get some aqua stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it was you in the first pic!!! Beautiful work all week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another busy week! Your paper doll project is really cute. Happy arting and stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little paper doll portrait of you is spot on! cute as can be! untill I saw you said strings in the sky I kept enlarging it to see what it was🤣 what a fun productive week you've had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came looking for turquoise nails and I wasn't disappointed :-D Have a sew joyful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your portrait of you is adorable. Nice work on your teals and you will have a little infusion in the next few days. Hospice training threw me off my game!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute are you!!! In fabric and in Person!! LOVE that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A productive week! Your paper version looks like you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaah your paper doll self portrait is adorable, Joy. Wheew that was one busy week. Wishing you another productive week working through the aqua scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.