Friday, July 28, 2023

July 2023 - ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge - Link Party

Welcome to the July 2023 edition of the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge here at the Joyful Quilter!!  Thanks for stopping by the Link Party to see what participants have made this month.  In my part of the world, Summer has in full swing.  The heat and humidity of the season has me parked in the studio with the air conditioner funning full blast. What about you?

I host this challenge in conjunction with Angela's (RSC) Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ So Scrappy.  It's been SEW much fun to offer the...



Button credit to Susan @ Desert Sky Quilts, updated by me.

Since basically ANY small quilted item qualifies for this challenge, I scrounge through my scrap basket to see what I can come up with.  

Each month I offer a prompt to help get your creative juices flowing.  While you are NOT required to use it in your project, the guiding word is revealed at the end of each month's LINK PARTY post.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the next month's focus.  It, along with the RSC Color of the Month (as soon as Angela releases it - around the 1st of the month) will also be added to the 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge page at the top of the blog.

July's letters were:

A and/or G

I'm enjoying stretching my creativity to come up with a design to include each letter, as well as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month.

July's color was RED.  I have a generous amount in my scrap basket...


I had BIG ideas, but you will only see a few process photos...

Because this little quilt top went together MUCH faster than I expected, as I had planned cutting shards of fabric to try a super involved applique, but the cheerful RED pentagon had other ideas for me:


Here, it's layered and the quilting has begun:


Once the quilting was complete, I arrived at the question of how to finish the edges...


There were no RED strips that seemed to work so I chose an alternate edge finish:


This is a closer look at the phrase I chose to include - written with a Pigma pen or my favorite Sharpie fineliner, I can't recall which I grabbed:


The backing was two scrap chunks pieced together:


SEW...

I'm pleased to present my completed ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry for July:


How does that fit this month's theme, Joyful???

It worked like this:

A = Apple

G = Green leaves 

What's next, Joyful???

The August Color of the Month with soon be announced.  Angela may let us know tomorrow:

YELLOW

August's letters are:

X and/or O

NOTE:  What will YOU create???

And now...

It's time for YOU to link up your A and/or G projects in the LINK PARTY below.  All entries MUST be submitted by Wednesday, August 2nd @ 11:59PM (EST).

Until next time...
USE those table scraps!!!
#ABCtableSCRAPSchallenge2023
#tablescrapschallenge2023

Joining Alycia for

and

Linking up with Cynthia
for

10 comments:

  1. Who knew a pentagon could be an apple! She's cute as can be. Cute edge finish and remind me again. Is you phrase stitched or written with pen? Have a good weekend. See you next time with X' and O's ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable!!! Using that shape for the apple was so clever, along with the use of white space with just a little writing. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute as can be, Joy! I love your very modern apple, the quilting in it, and the edge finish, too. These are very happy table scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!!!! I love how that came together!! so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little pentagon apple! Sew cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought a pentagon looks like an apple? Yet it works perfectly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun mini quilt! I love how you interpreted that shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun table scraps project! I always enjoy reading about your process, making the color and letter scheme work each month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.