Saturday, July 22, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 29

Welcome to Week 29 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's crunch week.  We're coming up to the end of the month. Surely, some sewing will play into the schedule.

Let's see...

Perhaps, we should start with Needleb, me, and Knittingsuek, fabric scraps on hand...


And my results from last Saturday's Scraps Class:


OK.  With that out of the way, here's what transpired this week...

SUNDAY - My week began with a Zoom call to Knittingsuek, since we were WAY too busy sewing yesterday to do much talking: 


MONDAY - Work was followed by this month's Quilt Guild meeting.  I snapped a photo of this scrappy RED (and blue) quilt for my RSC friends:


I shared this Treehouse block to encourage members to participate in this year's "DOQ Neighborhood" Guild Challenge:


TUESDAY - Work was followed by a Fodder Challenge lesson with Megan Quinlan.  It's a Mini Tag Book that I shrunk down even further.  Instead of staples like the teacher used, I attached my pages using the sewing machine:


WEDNESDAY - Work was preceded by a bit of art-ing.  I decided that I wanted to peel the paint off my brayer to make this ICAD entry for the Raindrops prompt:


No Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color this afternoon.  :o((

THURSDAY - Work was followed by the replay of...

A watercolor class with Kolbie Blume that I did in gouache:


Afterwards, this abstract floral was done in my Daily Creative Everything Journal to use up the rest of the paint on my palette:


FRIDAY - Knit Group was a wonderful event this morning!  Everyone was in attendance and we met at the new bakery in town.  Since the majority of their business is take-out, we basically had the place to ourselves:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I finished up this RED block for my Scrap Jar Star quilt for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


Speaking of challenges...

There's still time for you to USE some of your own RED fabric bits for the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge here on my blog!  I'll be posting my completed entry in next Friday's (7/28/23) Link Party.  You will have until Wednesday, August 2nd to join in the fun.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

11 comments:

  1. Like your goache watercolor a lot!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun but busy week. Love the rain drops. I have an idea for the challenge, we will see if I can get it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrap jar blocks are such fun ones. As always you manage to fit in a LOT of different creative projects into a week. Don't know how you do so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolour in gouache turned out so lovely. Great job. Kolbie's class must have been very interesting. Love your red Scrap Jar Star and thanks for the reminder about the Table Scrap Challenge. I just might have the time to do it this month. Fingers crossed. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Scrap Jar star in red! Glas you had a chance to sew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful arts projects, and I love your red Scrap Jar Star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you were busy every single day this week. Last week my week was the same. It's nice to have a day's rest every now and again. Hope you get one soon! Your RED star block looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great to have so many ways to epress our love of color!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great week with time for all the hobbies! I do love the block for your Scrap Jar Quilt - it's sew striking! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrap Jar Stars are a favorite block of mine. When I get all my UFOs ( ok, ok, some of my ufos) done, I will maybe start one!! How's that for commitment? You get so much accomplished every week!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the poster child for leading a balanced life full of color and creativity. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.