Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sew Some Love Sunday - Compassion Quilts - Color Stix Block Drive

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  Many of you know that Cynthia @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework has started a Compassion Quilt program for her local hospital.  It's modeled after Covered in Love hosted by Kat @ Kat and Cat Quilts.

The link to the original announcement can be found below:



Photo credit: Cynthia @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework

I scoured the stash for lengths of solid fabric... a rarity in my studio.  I found exactly ONE that would work and paired it with some leftover backing fabric from a 2022 T-Quilt.

Here is my block, waiting to be pressed and squared up...


And this is the completed block, pressed and ready to be folded and shipped off to Cynthia:


It headed off in this week's mail.  Cynthia has been alerted, but boy was I shocked when the new postal worker tried to charge me $5 and something to mail it!!  Thankfully, my usual attendant set her straight and my total came to less than $1.50 to send the envelope.  Have YOU mailed off a block or two or 10???  I'm sure Cynthia would appreciated your support.

Until next time...
EVERY block helps to build a quilt!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't make a practice of buying solids (exception for Kona Snow which comes in handy!) -- so how have I accumulated two bins of them? LOL. I did use up a lot for Cynthia's drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, to get a reduction on the postal rate. I was appalled at the $5.00 charge when I mailed my last bunch (in May), but the clerk insisted that was the cheapest rate. I said I didn't need tracking and he said that was the only way to send it. It was over $6.00 for the last batch. I want to participate with Cynthia and Kat, but the postage makes you think twice.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make some of those blocks, too - thanks for the reminder! Yours look great! I can't remember what I was charged for postage last time I sent her some blocks, but it used to always be $1.50 or so to send them to Kat for CiL. I guess I will see what it isthis time around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be glad to make some blocks to send to her--I will try to make quite a few and get my friend to add to the pile! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block looks great Joy. Thanks for the shout out. Freight is getting expensive. I think the secret is to get it viewed as an envelope and not a package. One of these days I hope to research how to save on postage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block looks great! I am loving seeing all her finished quilts with these fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.