Saturday, July 8, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 27

Welcome to Week 27 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, my plan was to fit more quilty time into my schedule. NOT an easy task, given all the art-y events converging upon me!  Did I try?  I did.  Did I succeed?

Let's have a look...


Time for my weekly Zoom with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Work and the beginning of Junk Journal July:




My 4th was spent tackling Mt. Washmore!  I did make use of some RED paint and filled up the new storage solution that Sue made for me.  (Thanks, Sue!) For those of you who are wondering, I made "One-Page Wonder" weekly journals for July's Living in Your Journal Challenge hosted by @aworkofheartstudio on IG:


WEDNESDAY - Whew!!  It's SEW good to have a day off after a holiday.  I enjoyed #awohundertheinfluence art journaling session with Andrea Chebeleu:


This is the double-decker journaling technique that Andrea teaches.  The larger journal shown below catches all the leftover paint from the smaller journal spread sitting on top of it:


I worked on an ICAD prompt while waiting for...


This afternoon's weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


Not long after, DS2 and I made dinner together.  I tried a RED of a different variety after using some of it in our recipe:


THURSDAY - Work was followed by a little of this and a little of that.  While waiting for paint to dry on this Junk Journal July project...


I squared up the final selections for my RED Scrap Jar Star:


FRIDAY - Work was followed by MORE art-ing.  A whole LOT more!  This Intuitive Faces workshop with Aimee Bishop is the class from that started off the Creative Retreat that I'm participating in this weekend.  The face on the left was stamped onto the page on the right to see what might transfer.  The answer?  The left eye and the lips ended up as my starting point:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you went ahead and visited Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I was up to my eyeballs in paint and paper, but will be sure to check out everyone's progress later on.

As you saw in yesterday's entry, I signed up for a (Virtual) Creative Retreat.  It's been a lot of fun and I'll catch up with the quilters as soon as I come up for air.  Meanwhile, this morning's first class was completely WILD!  I thoroughly enjoyed making Kelly Herrick's project in my #dailycreativepracticejournal for the Living in Your Journal Challenge:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your index card fish - fun and colorful! I had to check out that wine, too. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some really fun journals in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very busy and creative week. Love the colors on your double-decker journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative week you had! I hope the virtual retreat was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.