Saturday, July 1, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 26

Welcome to Week 26 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, I realized an important fact.  All art, all the time, doesn't get ANY of my quilting projects completed!  SEW... I was really hoping to carve out some time at my sewing machine.

Let's see how that plan played out...

SUNDAY - Zooming with Knittingsuek got my week off to a good start:


MONDAY - Work was followed by working on my "master board" collage from a tutorial from @bbhenryart.  The photo below shows the base and the first layer of embellishments:


TUESDAY - Work, where the time clock computer was all decked out in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color(s) of the Month:


WEDNESDAY - Work

No Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color this afternoon.  Here is what I did instead:


Once that was done, I switched back to journal mode for a new challenge:


THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Bee.  I'm SEW glad that I was able to attend this morning.  I neglected to get a group photo, but this afternoon I bound the pages into the Light BLUE and Light GREEN (scrap) fabric covered journal which was my project for this month's RSC:


My monthly Evening Quilt Bee met tonight.  Look what Knittingsuek made for me:


Britt stopped for a quick photo on the way out since I missed the opportunity for a group shot:



Knit Group.  It was so nice to see these knitting friends:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  We may be seeing RED... It's the new Color of the Month for July.

Here's what I have to work with:


What do YOU think I should make???  There is a gracious plenty of scraps, whatever the task.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

11 comments:

  1. Your REDS overfloweth! Lol! Looks like July will be a great RSC month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loads of red. You could make a red/white quilt. Or a Quilt of Valor, with just a touch of blue. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun week and a binding means a finish, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have lots of fun reds to work with this month! But if your paper art inspires you more than your fabric does, you should just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m trying to figure out what it is that Knittingsuek made for you! I see that it holds bottles of paint. Is it 2 napkin holders joined together? As far as the red goes. Look like you could make what ever you want! That’s a lot of red! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very full red scrap basket. I think I see a big quilt hiding in there! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to a very 'red' month of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard to have enough time for all of one's great hobbies but I think you do a great job. I do love all those reds and I know you'll find something great to make! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good week and a nice stash of reds for July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever you make will surely be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a very creative week. And you have some lovely reds to work with for this month's RSC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.