Saturday, July 29, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 30

Welcome to Week 30 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, as you will soon see, was a full week of work.  That may or may not have cut into my quilting time.

Read on to discover what other interruptions might have distracted me...

SUNDAY - Posted the following journal spread on Instagram, but thought YOU might like to see it, too, as I know many of you don't do the IG thing.  It's from the Art Journal Dreams Retreat with Laly Mille.  Imagine my delight when Britt sweetly said that she wouldn't have been surprised if I had told her the spread was Laly's new example for the class.  This was quite similar, as I followed the teacher's every move:


I also did this "card" for the Index Card A Day Challenge hosted by Daisy Yellow Art.  The prompt was Favorite Supply, so you'll see a dictionary page, a gelli print, a magazine image, and Posca markers in use...


And enjoyed my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:

I'm wearing RED in honor of my RSC Quilter friends.

MONDAY - Work was preceded by renewed construction activity next door.  This RED-orange bahemouth moved in:


TUESDAY - Work

Here is the journal spread from a bonus lesson with Laly Mille.  I titled it Window to the World.  Of course, this one looks NOTHING like the spread she demonstrated, but I'm perfectly OK with that:


Tonight was my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee Meeting, but I knit instead of quilting:


WEDNESDAY - Work

No Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color.  After so many weeks/months/years of Zooming, it feels strange to have missed an entire month of calls.  :o((

I worked on catching up on the Living in Your Journal Challenge replays that I missed this week and did these two ICADs in the process.  The Museum prompt was great fun!  I decided to reimagine a drawing I did months ago.  The original perspective drawing was done as a result of a tutorial by David Drazil:


THURSDAY - Work was followed by some catching up on Junk Journal July.  I made a collage responding to the prompt Very Vintage.  If you take a closer look, you will spot a postage stamp from the 1960's (even though it's not marker with the year), a wine bottle (referred to by vintage year) and an image of a rose that is on the cusp of being an antique, as it's from 1925:



Work was followed by the posting of the latest page in my Altered Book Journal - and yes, the Southern Season WAREHOUSE SALE continues on Saturday until 6PM, if you live nearby, head over for amazing deals and a look at all the NEW items that have arrived:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week and be sure to visit the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge post listed in yesterday's entry to see my RED sewing from this week.  Fair warning:  It's SEW super cute!  Even if I do say so myself.  :P

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. Your butterfly painting is really beautiful, Joy! Looks like a very enjoyable project. The big orange thing (not sure what it's called!) looks like it's picking up the entire house by it! Such a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A busy week you have had between work and crafting! I hope your calls with Leanna are able to start up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! to all that construction noise with the big red-orange monster. You had quite a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very artful week! I love how you are growing with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your week!!! except the behemoth!!! That looks like it will be loud... sigh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.