Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 25 - Jane from Australia

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s) here at The Joyful Quilter!!  We are nearing the end of another month.  Reliably, I received an email from Jane.  Right on schedule!  She is SEW good about reminding that I need to finish up my TABLE SCRAPS Challenge post.

Jane shared the following...

Here is my November Table Scraps Challenge, the blocks are extras from a top I made last year. A friend gave me a book and some border fabric and a challenge to make a quilt in the book. I made the top - it’s still waiting for quilting 🙄, but the extras are finished and quilted in my runner. The leaf shapes are all from actual leaves 🍁 from trees on our land where we lived before moving to the city. I knew those outlines would be used some day.


Although we do not celebrate Thanksgiving here in Oz, I have fond memories of some lovely gatherings in USA in years past,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and family, and your blog readers too.
Jane


Her November entry is this Orphan block beauty...


Give
 Jane's project some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her brilliant runner as much as I did!  Thank you for sending a photo for the blog, Jane.  I'm happy to post your project to inspire others to USE those orphan blocks that we quilters seem to accumulate!

Link Party REMINDER...

The November 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be open from  Friday, November 26th @ 12:01 AM - MONDAY, November 29th @ 11:59 PM.  I hope that YOU join in the scrappy fun!

Until next time...
Run(ner) off those empty tables!!!


5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using up the extra blocks from another project! Then adding the leaf shapes from you former home! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.