Monday, November 22, 2021

Mail Call Monday - Penny for your Thoughts

Welcome to another edition of Mail Call Monday!!  Last week I received an order that I had placed with Soma @ InkTorrents Graphics.  You may soon understand my post title.  Or maybe I'll just tell you where my head was. Some people like to write down their thoughts.  What better place than a journal?

Soma is one of my favorite artists and she recently offered some of her lovely handmade art journals for sale.

My comment:

The Joyful Quilter NOVEMBER 4, 2021 AT 15:05

That moss green one make me wish that I enjoyed painting. Soma! Best of luck with the sale of these beautiful books.

Afterwards, Soma changed her offerings to include something a little different for non-artists, such as myself.

The original offering was for watercolour books made with 140 lb. cold press artist grade 100% cotton watercolor paper.  Her NEW offering was created using 140 lb. high quality paper for pen and ink or gentle watercolor.

I couldn't resist...


It came tucked safely in a sturdy mailer:


Wrapped in paper and tied with a raffia bow, a thank you card tucked inside, as well:


Soma also included these beautiful hand painted bookmarks:


The following emails completed the transaction...
From me:
Arrived. Thank you, Soma! The little journal is lovely, as are the beautiful hand painted bookmarks you included. What a wonderful surprise!

Will I be brave enough to USE the sweet journal you sent? That remains to be seen.

Joy

Soma's reply:

I am so happy to hear that, Joy! 

I matched the colors for the bookmarks with the journal and from your quilts.  I had a lot of fun painting those little bookmarks to go with the book :)

Of course you are brave enough to use the journal.  Journals are meant to be used.  Start with one of your beautiful quilt patterns, draw that in, and then colour with whatever you wish- pencils, markers, watercolour pencils.  You will love it :D

-Soma

Until next time...
Support an artist!!

4 comments:

  1. That's some fun mail, Joy! I enjoyed your email interaction with Soma, too. The bookmarks are wonderful! Enjoy your new journal - I have a few I need to start using myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so not a journaling girl. I barely get my blog posts up in a timely manner! Ha! My daughter, on the other hand, has been journaling now for several years and loves it. She's quite artistic at it too! That was sweet of Soma to include bookmarks. Now THOSE I could put to good use! Hahaha! have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bookmarks are beautiful! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got back to the web-world today and found your most wonderful post. Thank you so much, Joy!! You made my day and put a big smile on my face :D

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.