Saturday, April 17, 2021

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC21 - Week 16


Welcome to Week 16 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, I'm starting with what happened last Saturday.  I was feeling shy about my plans for the day, so didn't hint about why I might not be commenting right away on many posts for the RSC... I attended an in-person indoor Sew/Craft Friends-zy event:


Let's see what kept me busy...


SUNDAY - I was back to a "normal" Sew Some Love Sunday post.  This afternoon found me finishing up the quilt on the longarm:




Just as I took the final stitch, the phone rang.  Preeti @ Sew Preeti Quilts was calling with some exciting news.  Watch for that in the coming weeks over on her blog.  YOU won't want to miss it!!

MONDAY - It's Mail Call Monday!  I received a package (one day last week) from Erin @ My Patchwork Life and thought you might like to see what I got.

TUESDAY - Today was Tidy Up Tuesday and I shared an H2H Check-In post.  Head over to see the work of a number of quilting friends who celebrated some Hometown Heroes.  I did a variety of quilty tasks this afternoon and evening, but don't have any photos to share.  (Even though there is a new client quilt on the longarm and I made two new masks this evening.)

WEDNESDAY - Today consisted of paperwork, quilting, and then some sewing during my Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


I worked on my nephew's baby quilt with a bit of Bright BLUE for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:



I also released a new Wonderful Wednesday post.  It's filled with scrappy fun and here's a preview:


I received the following notice from Blogger today:

FollowByEmail widget (Feedburner) is going away
You are receiving this information because your blog uses the FollowByEmail widget (Feedburner).
Recently, the Feedburner team released a system update announcement , that the email subscription service will be discontinued in July 2021.
After July 2021, your feed will still continue to work, but the automated emails to your subscribers will no longer be supported. If you’d like to continue sending emails, you can download your subscriber contacts. Learn how

Not sure how I'm going to deal with that news.  The FollowByEmail widget is my preferred way to receive notifications from the blogs that I follow and many of you readers receive my posts that way, as well.  I was stunned when I followed the link and found this:


I am sorry that because of the upcoming cancellation, more than a thousand readers will be inconvenienced.  I'm SEW disappointed that we will no longer be receiving email updates from the blogs we love via Google/FeedBurner!

What do we do now, Joyful???

There ARE other subscription services out there.  Here's hoping we can all find one that works for us.  I'm recommending that you try Bloglovin', as a few of the blogs I follow come through to my email that way.  There is a button for that service way down my sidebar, but here's the direct LINK so you don't have to go scrolling for it.  I hope YOU will sign up (somewhere) before the end of June so you don't miss a single post!

THURSDAY - My Weekly Quilt Group went LIVE, again.  We gathered on the stairs for a group photo:



Oh!  I forgot to show you what I brought home from last week's meeting... MORE scraps:


Here's a look inside the TWO bags that Dee Dee brought for me:


Thanks, Dee Dee!!!  What fun I'm going to have with these.

Ella also had a handful of scraps for me.  Notice those Light BLUE bits for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


FRIDAY - ZoomKNIT met this morning.  These knitting friends joined in the fun:


I worked on the toe of my second Minion sock.  A bit of Bright BLUE in honor of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


SATURDAY - It's Link Party day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'll be visiting the links in dribs and drabs between working this Light/Bright BLUE mini:



Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

19 comments:

  1. In person events sound heavenly! So glad you were able to enjoy a couple of them this week. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying something with the Feedburner list of email (because I don't want to lose all my email friends). I'll let you know how it work out. Fingers crossed. ;^)
    P.S. Lucky girl to go to an event and crafty on top of that!! I'm jealous. Wink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week in review; the meeting looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have your blog listed in my fave blogs list on my blogHome page, so I look at it every day to see if there are new posts.
    Your friends all look like fun. Glad you’re meeting up with them - that’s the direction we all need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great review of the week.
    I like your Minion socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow my favorite blogs through the Reading List in Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Minion socks! Cool! Looking forward to your mini! Glad you were able to in-person visit! I have a sew-in planned for early May. I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great roundup of the week...busy and productive you, Joyful! So lucky to manage those stitchy get togethers too. You and LeeAnna both looked lovely in your Zoom shots. I use the Blogger Reader List to keep up. Continued happy, happy stitching to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at those minion socks! Love them! I follow bloggers with Feedly, it works pretty much like Bloglovin. I've been moving anyone I follow by email over to Feedly. I don't know what to do about those who follow me by email though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that email notification this morning as well. Everything keeps changing! I feel like I just got adjusted to the "new" blogger. Here we go again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole email notification is confusing to me. You certainly had some week- do you even eat and sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  12. get scrappy! lol
    some people mentioned feedly and I checked and think you must pay for that service. Bloglovin might be an answer
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a busy week you've had! Those socks are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice that you could meet up in person with your quilting buddies. And receive more scraps thats always fun too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Minion socks. Your baby quilt colors/fabrics are gorgeous. Glad you got some social time in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Minion socks!!! Amazing! I love all your hints of blue, you always stay on target for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a busy week you've had! Glad you had an in-person meeting. Fifteen of us did too, and didn't wear masks (everyone vaccinated) so that was fabulous!

    Must comment about Feedburner going away. First, I'll say that Google keeps making Blogger more and more impossible to use. Ergh! Second, I found a third-party email subscription provider (Follow It) and installed it on my blog (right-hand menu). In future blog posts, I will ask my 1681 subscribers to REsubscribe, so they can continue to conveniently receive my posts in their email boxes. Personally, I refuse to use Bloglovin' due to its inability to keep perverts from following/commenting. I simply use my Blogger "Reading List" to keep up with posts. So for convenience to readers, I recommend installing Follow It. It's free.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun but busy week! With vaccines I am oh so glad that things are getting a little more back to normal for people. I get my 2nd tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Zoom sewing is getting us through! Love your minion socks! I have some single socks I need to get back to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.