Friday, February 26, 2021

February 2021 - TABLE SCRAPS Runner/Topper Challenge - Link Party!!!


Welcome to the February 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Runner/Topper Challenge!!  Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to enter your table runner/topper, mug rug, etc. in the Link Party by Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST.)


This month's color inspiration photo was chosen by LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color.  Thanks, LeeAnna!

Image from Michael Browning on Unsplash


No blog?  No problem, you will be able to have your scrappy table runners/toppers hosted here on The Joyful Quilter.  Just pop me an email with your name/state and a photo of your completed project and I will add it to a follow-up post.

From our participants...

A Modern Table Runner from Kathy @ Hazel's Daughter blog:

Photo from Hazel's Daughter. Link provided above.


There was also a recommendation from Nann @ With Strings Attached for a link to FREE patterns for Mini Quilts that you might like as toppers for your small tables.  These patterns are available on All People Quilt.

BrittQuilts provided the following FREE pattern link for a cute House themed table runner:

Photo from Flamingo Toes. Link provided above.


Got favorites???

Email me, if you have a "go to" runner or topper pattern.  I'll add it to a future post.  Thanks!

Where's the table covering, Joyful???

I'm getting to that.  Since it was YELLOW month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I pulled out this Quilted Scrap Basket:


You can find my basket tutorial HERE.

SEW...

What happened next was some arranging of pre-pieced Crumb blocks:


... Some trimming:



Some assembly was required:


Oh, that sweet little bicycle...


Then came the layering...


... Basting...


... And quilting:



Finally came the binding.  Can you spot the best choice in this stack of low volume scraps??  I think I see it way down near the bottom:


This sweet print, a scrap from one of my lovely quilting friends, was just perfect for the front of this quilt:



Here is my February TABLE SCRAPS Challenge topper...




And...

On the side table by my "reading chair" in the living room:



For those of you who like to see the back of a quilt...

SURPRISE!!!  It's double-sided:


The binding is perfect for the backing, as well:




This month we are sharing our links through InLinz, so I'm hoping it works, as setting up the Link Party was SEW much less confusing!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Until next time...
It's a Cover Up!!!

22 comments:

  1. A fun table topper!
    But... Oh my! I have just 2 days to make a table runner!! Maybe I can make a mug rug?! In which case, "See you later!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table topper is sew cute. I love that it is reversible. Such a great idea from Nann to post links to free topper patterns. Woohoo! Lots of eye candy when you click that link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute topper, and I love that it's reversible. I enjoyed seeing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the double sided backing was definitely a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on your project!
    I know I am a little off for the assigned colors but if you look closely, there are pops of yellow in my pinks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the best things with your little bits and pieces! Looks like the yellow tabletopper is perfect for that table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use those crumb blocks--and two-sided to boot! Very wweet table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute table topper and it is double-sided, great idea!
    and it looks beautiful on your side table. Well done Joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew cute. Love that it is double sided.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How ingenious to make it double sided! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two in one....got to be happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sunny quilt! Perfect to brighten up the day! And love the binding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful, colorful and fun table runners. Your dual sided table runner turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love it!! Two sided.... that means you are Double Trouble!! Bwah hahah - Just kidding... that is a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A surprise reversible topper is perfect! You can flip it to whichever season or mood you're in :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your double-sided table topper is a cheerful or calming accent - whichever you need at the moment! Congratulations on a finish. I still have to quilt mine, just like last month, but that one was done and delivered the first week, and this one will be, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Double sided crumb topper is a terrific idea! Now, you can consider yourself ahead of the game. I've enjoyed all of the posts and found some ideas for upcoming months. Thanks to all for sharing ideas.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful runner and two-sided! Wow that is impressive. I will have to join in on a future Table Scraps challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, I missed the deadline for getting my project in. Do you only leave it open on the last day of the month? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.