Monday, February 8, 2021

(Not so) Mini Monday - SAHRR - Round 3

Welcome to Round THREE of the Stay at Home Round Robin!!  This week's prompt was offered by Anja @ Anja Quilts.  Her selection??  Flying Geese.  I think I can work with that.

But first...

Let's see if I was able to carve out some time to work on my SAHRR project because I'm STILL running a week behind the other makers!  :o((

I made some progress...

On Round 2.  A scrap of muslin was pulled into service in the making of my Plus Signs:



Then, there were decisions to be made about the number of blocks and the orientation I would use...

They may or may not be square-u-lar:


Perhaps, I would use elongated horizontal blocks:


Might I use elongated Plus blocks set vertically:


I could even break bad and use a combination of directions:


All of that was taking place just as Round 3 was being announced, but I had other projects to work on during the week.  Can anyone say Virtual Vacation???

Ultimately, I did finish Round 2...

Thanks to my friend LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color, my Plus Signs were finished in QUITE an unexpected way:



About those Flying Geese for Round 3...

I've got a few of those, as well:



Well...

I will sometime soon.  :P

In the meantime, check out the Round 4 prompt from Roseanne and Sue @ Home Sewn by Us.  I've heard rumors, but have been busy with catching up on paperwork today.  Now that this post is done, I'll head over to see what's next.  Won't you join me?

Until next time...
Stay home and design!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Fun seeing how you auditioned the different plus sign sizes and shapes, Joy! I like what you ended up with, too. Time for some flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we thought having fewer 'rules' would make the decisions easier! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to try out so MANY combinations for your plus signs. I really like the piano keys at the bottom of your block and then the reds at the top. Clever! I would've never thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to have fallen off on this one.... only the first round it done. Maybe I'll have a catch up this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing the different ideas for the plus blocks and your quilt is looking awesome. Can not wait to see what you do with the flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many ways to put plus signs together

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been such fun to see how each quilter interprets the clue and applies them to their project. Your unexpected approach works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m having so much fun watching the SAHRRs grow, and in such unique ways. Your flying geese are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.