Saturday, January 30, 2021

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC21 - Week 5

Welcome to Week 5 of the 2021 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week got off to a slow, yet busy start.  You'll see what I mean in a moment.

Walk with me through my week, if you will...

SUNDAY - Emails and blog posts filled my morning.  I try to stay caught up, but I'm several weeks behind on our Quilt Bee's blog.  :o((

TWO blog posts were released today.  Follow THIS LINK for an update on the LWR Mission Quilt Drive and check out THIS POST for my PQ12.2 Fussy Cut challenge quilt.

The afternoon began with COOKIES!!  I met my friend Stacy to exchange my cash for her daughter's Girl Scout Cookies:


A while later, Needleb came over for a quilt swap...


...  And a binding consult on the front walk:


MONDAY - The morning was filled with writing up blog posts and answering emails.  Later in the day, I cut and prepared PINK binding for my January TABLE SCRAPS Challenge due this weekend:



Finally, I checked in with the Stay At Home Round Robin right dinner.  This week's assignment for Round Two... Plus Signs with Emily @ The Darling Dogwood blog.  I'm hoping to get started on mine soon, as I'm running a week (or two) behind on my SAHRR.  I shared my (meager) progress in tonight's Mini Monday post.

TUESDAY - The day started off with a slow morning, but the afternoon was a bit of a revolving door.  First, Carol stopped by for a quilt swap:



Before my noon appointment, I took a few minutes to tighten the ear loops on a couple of Mr. Wonderful's face masks:



Next, Knittingsuek stopped by for a grocery swap.  It seems that I caught her mid-wave.  (Sorry, SZQ!):


A little while later, I met with Betsy, who dropped off an emergency quilt to be quilted:


Then, Maggie dropped by to pick up a couple of quilt tops that need some enhancements done to fit the LWR size requirements:



You would think that was enough for one day, but noooo...

Tonight was the night of my monthly evening bee's Zoom meeting:



WEDNESDAY - A new twist on the Wonderful Wednesday post series went live today.  YOU won't want to miss it!!

I did fun stuff like laundry and dishes while waiting the time for my weekly Zoom call with LeeAnna:



THURSDAY - I was late for ZoomBEE, but that waited for me to take this week's group picture:


I'm not really certain what I did the rest of the day, except for this:



FRIDAY - The January Table Scraps Link Party went live at 12:01 AM and will remain open through the weekend.  Get your entry posted by 11:59 PM on Sunday!

These six knitters joined our group's ZoomKNIT this morning:


Tonight, I also released another Guest Blogger post!!  Miss Pat an entry for the TABLE  SCRAPS Challenge, but had some trouble linking up.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Head over to Angela's So Scrappy blog to see what wonderful PINK things the RSC Quilters have been working on during January.  We'll soon be transitioning to a new Color of the Month.  What color are YOU hoping for???

Until next time...
Scrap SEW safely!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a busy, busy week. The table topper challenge is really fun and how cool that you are working with those that don't have a blog so they can post too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The busy-ness of your week makes my head spin! Happy sewing this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I'm worn out from reading all your busy-ness! Sounds like everyone that comes into contact with you has a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I thought my week was busy! Do you know if you are coming or going? I need to check out the two linkups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have such a great quilt focus on your week--and shared with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd need a long nap after all that activity! What a fun way to document all the happenings in your week. Friends are definitely the best part!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.