Saturday, December 1, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 48

Welcome to Week 48 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's hard to believe that Angela's annual adventure is rapidly coming to a close.  She encourages the RSC Quilters around the globe to USE our scraps, one color at a time.  This year, November AND December are for finishing up projects.  No new Color of the Month was assigned.

While I may not be making quilt blocks this year, I have made many projects from my scrap bags, baskets, and bins.  Let's take a look at what kept me busy this week...

SUNDAY - Laundry and blog reading kept me busy on the final day of a 4-day weekend.  Well, that and some sewing time at Needleb's!

Although... The project of the day was adhering fusible interfacing to a stack of T-shirts...



... While she worked on her newest Art Quilt:


There was MORE crafty goodness going on in the house while we worked in the sewing room:


I got through HALF of the shirts today.  I will tackle the stack on the left next weekeng:


MONDAY - A small amount of time was spent in the sewing room before dinner:



Mystery Monday Link-up, Part 1 It feels REALLY strange NOT to be quilting along with Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune Mystery Quilt.  There simply isn't enough time in the day!  Head over to see all of the wonderful color combos that quilters from around the globe have in the works.  Maybe I'll catch up later.  I'm saving the clues... Just in case!

TUESDAY - Tonight was the night for my Monthly (now twice monthly) Evening Quilt Bee.  Everyone brought something to work on.  That included me!

I did some pressing:



Some trimming:



And a bit of cutting for a future project:



WEDNESDAY - Knit Group turned into a Test Knitting session.  It didn't end well.  :o((

THURSDAY - I did a little TINY bit of sewing...




... And a little bit of blog hopping.  SEW happy that I did!!

Why, Joyful???

I found that Kat posted the completion of the quilt top that I sent to Covered in Love:



This quilt top (along with the backing and binding fabric) was sent off for my participation with Sarah's 2018 Hands 2 Help program.  Sarah hosts this event every Spring, SEW... there's plenty of time for YOU to start on a project for next year!

FRIDAY - I spent some time working on a layout plan for this rainbow-y scrappy project:



This evening DH and I had a "date night."  We opted to try a new-to-us pizza place:



Apparently, it's known for being the best in the area.  As it turned out, a couple of my quilting friends showed up with their husbands in tow.  We were invited to join them.  This was our welcome to the West Orange Supper Club.  What an enjoyable evening!  :o))

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over at Angela's blog, So Scrappy.  That fact had me adding the finishing touches to this post.  You may want to see what rainbow scrappy goodness is going on over there. I'll visit the other RSC Quilters tomorrow.

NOTE:  Wishing Angela a good run at her race today!!!

Today?  I'm on my way to Raleigh for a Sew Day with friends.  Here's hoping that I make some good progress on my Blooming 9-Patch!  Everyone else has completed their quilt tops and are beginning to think about next year's project.  I can't go there until my B9P is together. 

Wish me luck!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

5 comments:

  1. I saw your quilt on Kat's post - what a beautiful donation! Enjoy your sew day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!
    And I love that basket quilt! Fabulous donation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a productive week. Love the way your new scrap Project is coming together. Have fun with the t-shirt quilt. I'm just getting ready to start a new one here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your B9P! And thank you sew much for donating that gorgeous top to CiL!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.