Saturday, December 15, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 50

Welcome to Week 50 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Thank you to Angela for hosting our weekly scrap loving place to hang out on the internet.  The good news is that she's already planning for 2019, too!!

Are YOU ready to join the fun???

While you think about it, let's have a look at my week...

SUNDAY - Today was snowy and cold.  I stayed warm by making the next cuts on my niece's T-Quilt.  Several shirts remain, due to sizing issues, but by the time I was finishing there just wasn't enough brain power left for problem solving!



MONDAY - This morning it was snowing and sleeting, again.  My plan for the day?  I'll be attempting to figure out those challenging shirts.  Those left from yesterday's adventure in T-Quilt making:



Mystery Monday Link-Up #3  While I'm not (currently) participating, I still want to keep up with how everyone is coming along on their projects.

TUESDAY - Measurements.  Measurements.  And MORE measurements.  It's starting to look more like a T-shirt Quilt:



WEDNESDAY - Manipulating the measurements.  I don't often make quilts where I have to assemble the columns.  This quilt is insisting that MUST be how a quilt is made.  Ugh!  Every column has to be the same length, too.  The tee shirt designs are NOT playing nicely.  :o((

THURSDAY - Yes, Tuesday's photo is just an illusion.  There are shirts that are overlapping other shirts.  Careful calculations are necessary in order to fit this puzzle together.  I walked away for the evening and left it at this (pen and paper) planning sheet:



If you look closely, you will see three sets of numbers in most "squares."  (I use the term loosely.)  Anyway, where was I?  Oh, yes, sets of numbers.  Three of them.

Why, Joyful???

Well, the number in the center is the current size of the shirt.  Then, there is the "desired" measurement in the top left.  That leaves the "absolute minimum" in the lower right.  The challenge comes in when you factor the column lengths and various "match points" that I was hoping to achieve.

Sigh...

I'm thisclose to ignoring the bits that I had hoped to match up and just make the columns the same length, letting the seams fall where they may.  Let's face it!  My niece isn't going to know (or care) how I wanted the quilt to look.  She's going to LOVE it because I made it (and because it holds SEW many of her college memories!)

FRIDAY - Yay!!  The weekend has arrived.  I couldn't be more pleased.  Tomorrow is my Quilt Bee's Holiday Potluck Party.  YUM!!  Tonight?  We bake.  :o))

SATURDAY - Several days of going nowhere made this a very strange week for me.  Nine inches of snow in Central North Carolina will do that, though.

On the up side, it's LINK PARTY day over at So Scrappy!  I'm on my way out the door, but will check in on all of the RSC Quilters later today or sometime tomorrow.  Feel free to go ahead without me.  I'll be eating my way through a quilt meeting.  :o))



Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

8 comments:

  1. Are we going to have to come over there and crack the proverbial whip on your niece’s tee quilt? LOL. Seriously, it would drive me to drink. Hey wait, that sounds like a good idea.... I hope you’re enjoying the Season! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great progress on your t-shirt quilt. Getting the pieces to all fit together may take a bit of puzzling, but it will all work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is going to be wonderful. And loved, which is even better. Have fun at the party!
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your t-shirt quilt looks good. I made one and swore I would never make another. You wouldn't think the measurements would be such a problem, but some of them just refused to fit in a normal square like the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found t-shirt quilts to require quite a bit of puzzling out where everything will go and how to make it all fit together correctly! You're right that your niece is going to love it no matter what the layout. Hope you're having a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like where your T shirt quilt is going!!!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, your niece will LOVE that quilt. But you might just HATE it first! I hope you make peace with it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your T shirt quilt is going to be lovely! Great planning sheet ;))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.