It was a surprise from Quilt Diva Julie...
If you think she sent me a box of fabric... You would be WRONG!!! Today's story is about the contents of this box:
I opened the flaps to find an incredible collection of Art Foamies stamps and an envelope...
Which housed this hand-colored card made from (what I believe to be) old black and white Artist's Almanac calendar pages:
Beneath the card was a folded sheet of paper, held closed with a large shiny pink paperclip. Within the fold was a generous selection of stencils:
Hidden under those were these two partially completed altered book journals:
Below the Art Foamies, I discovered a set of art affirmation cards and a Clickable Alphabet Stamp set:
You KNOW that I just HAD to try out those stamps, don't you???
I couldn't think of a better way to express my gratitude:
In case you'd like to see inside the journal included in the package, here's the opening page of the Encyclopedia Brown journal...
And this is the first page of the 104 Things to Photograph journal:
Here is the email I sent after the receipt of this wonderful gift...
Your package arrived today (7/23/26). THANK YOU!!! I saw the Pirate Ship notification last night, but couldn't imagine what might be headed my way. I was absolutely shocked by how much you packed into that box!
I'm excited to play with all of the new-to-me stamps and stencils. I've already chosen a number of favorites. Is it safe to say that you didn't enjoy using the Art Foamies? You passed along some of the very ones I've been itching to purchase, Julie.
The Encyclopedia Brown journal is going to be fun to add to! The photography journal is going to be an interesting challenge. At first glance, I wasn't able to figure out what it is asking for. My eye went to all the white space, but as I paged through, I believe additional paper bits on the pages or some written journaling might be just the ticket to complete the book. Only time will tell.
Thank you, again, Julie!
Joy
Exerpts from her replay...
I’m so happy that you’re happy!
... I don’t have an easy way to clean up paints so needing to clean the art foamies was going to be problematic.
... I’m coming to terms with the fact that I’m most content when cutting and gluing and writing (commonplace) and so on. The messier side was a fascination but reality isn’t on its side.
... The photography book definitely needs more color - maybe scraps of gelli prints or painted scraps? And added writing in colors?
I know you’ll figure it out and have a much-enhanced book to put on your journal shelf.
Have fun!!
Julie
... I don’t have an easy way to clean up paints so needing to clean the art foamies was going to be problematic.
... I’m coming to terms with the fact that I’m most content when cutting and gluing and writing (commonplace) and so on. The messier side was a fascination but reality isn’t on its side.
... The photography book definitely needs more color - maybe scraps of gelli prints or painted scraps? And added writing in colors?
I know you’ll figure it out and have a much-enhanced book to put on your journal shelf.
Have fun!!
Julie
In closing...
Because of her art space, Julie no longer wished to play with her messier supplies. I am pleased to be the recipient of her unwanted items. Thank you for thinking of me, Julie! I was thrilled to sort through this box of art supplies. As with the last box she sent, I will keep what I can use and pass along the rest to local artists who are always happy to receive new or used art supplies.
Until next time...
I'll be busy in my art journals!!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.