Members of my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee were in attendance on Day One:
While looking for binding options, I noticed this long-neglected UFO on Britt's design wall...
We got busy right away...
Maggie brought handwork. If memory serves, she was finishing the binding on this:
Sue brought a selection of fabrics to make project bags. This is the first:
Britt started the morning working on the booth layout for our guild's upcoming Quilt Show:
I worked on a layering a UFO in YELLOW with my RSC Quilt friends in mind:
Maggie moved on to her second hanging sleeve:
With the inner border applied, it was time for border selection for Britt's donation quilt made with Tim Holtz fabrics:
Petals are appliqued and minimal quilting is done:
UGH!! Britt ran out of fabric before running out of border to stitch:
Since I didn't bring binding options, and didn't find anything quite right in Britt's stash, I switched gears and layered up the next UFO project in YELLOW:
By this time, Sue was stitching on her second project bag:
After dinner, I happily quilted that larger pinned project:
Here we are on Day Two...
Maggie came bearing scraps for me:
These orphan blocks were included:
We tried another potential layout when a fifth block was pulled from the bag:
This is what I finished quilting last night and just remembered that it had been to late for a photo:
With that out of the way, I then moved on to trimming up the UFO tablerunner:
Sue completed her second project bag:
Maggie's project of the day was cutting for a swap she's doing with another quilt group:
While looking for binding options, I noticed this long-neglected UFO on Britt's design wall...
I'm pleased to say that I guilted her into making a bit of progress on it:
Done with cutting for today, Maggie settled in with the binding of another quilt for the Show:
Before time to go home, Sue managed to complete her third project bag...
And here she is with the weekend's body of work:
Since the first finished photo of her Tim Holtz quilt didn't turn out, I took another before leaving:
I also whipped out one more project which took a bit of finagling to get to the desired result...
It's a quilted scarf with directions that defy logic, but work well in practice:
Until next time...
Let's got SEW!!!




























No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.