Saturday, August 22, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC26 - Week 34

Welcome to Week 34 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week will be a bit of a crap shoot.  IF sewing is going to feature in my plans, the machine will have to be unpacked.  So many other things to do!  We'll have to see how the energy flows.

Read on to see what transpired...

SUNDAY -  Day Two of the Mini Retreat at Britt's:


The day ended with my Medley Charm Scarf from JB Handmade as a completed project.  You can find Jeff 's recent work @jbh.studio on Instagram:


I'm thrilled with how it tuned out:


MONDAY - Art Day

The day began with a new watercolor lesson from artist Tammy Kaye.  I watched, but didn't get very far with the painting.  After lunch, I returned   to the studio for this week's Library Crawl over at Get Messy.  We took in the Our Archaeological Dig lesson presented by Lisa Goddard.  Here is the layered mixed media page I created:

 

I later met with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom Call...


Before heading off to my Monthly Quilt Guild meeting.  While I could have seen Karen Bolan's Zoom presentation at home,  there were several things that I needed to take care of which couldn't be done online.  Bonus...  Someone brought me a gift.

TUESDAY - Stay at Home Day

Here is the "Bag of Joy" that my friend Diane delivered last night.  See the little Crumb blocks?  They've been identified as my next fun scrappy project to work on:


WEDNESDAY - Art Day

I finished up this week's Tammy Kaye landscape painting during the Jen and Joy Show:


Later, I sat in on another painting session with Olga Koelsch.  This time we painted a Primrose, but achieving the transparency seemed a bit more challenging today:


THURSDAY - Quilt/Art Day

Weekly Quilt Group met at Gayle's for Carol's going away party.  Here she is with the quilt top we put together for her:


 After lunch, Britt and I met for a Zoom-y ARTventure.  No headache this week, but I still didn't get much done.  Sigh...

FRIDAY - Knit Group

We were back at Beth's house this morning.  I missed getting a photo before Linda left, but here are the rest of us:


And this is the "commission" painting that I told you I would share once it was delivered:


After a quick lunch, I went upstairs for Deandra's Art Zoom.  I meant to circle back to the Inchie Challenge, but another page in my new Collage Scraps Altered Book journal called to me.  I'm trying something different this time.  I selected the image of a Coleus plant to pull colors from and built from there:


I did the same with a collage cluster at my Weekly Evening Art Zoom:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'll be along later.  Unfortunately, I ran out of time before needing to leave for Craft & Chat at the local bookstore...


With my friend Tracy.  The event was well attended today with nine crafters in the house:


Just prior to the release of this post, Tracy sent a photo along with the following comment about the landscape I painted for her.  "$2 thrifted frame! Looks so professional!!!"  Alas, I couldn't get the photo she sent to upload here. I'm so happy that she loves it: 


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.