Welcome to Week 35 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! This week is the last chance to finish up my YELLOW scrap projects before Angela's official announcement for September's Color of the Month. There are quite a few meetings, events, and classes to fill my days so I'm not sure how this will play out.
Read on to see how my week progressed...
SUNDAY - The day began with my Weekly Morning Art Zoom on Get Messy. When everyone else signed off, Britt and I stayed to finish up our projects. This is the collage added to my new Collage Scraps Altered Book journal, along with the "ransom note" letters after auditioning several different positions for the word placement:
MONDAY - Errand Day
After lunch, I headed up to the studio for this week's Library Crawl with a lesson from Helen Wells about Starting Points for art from nature. I turned to one of my favorite nature books and selected this image that I've been saving for years:
Since it held several points of interest for me, it seemed like the right time to incorporate it into my art. Three iterations of my inspiration image on the same page. Across the top depicts the lovely seascape beyond the trees using acrylic paint:
Along the bottom of the page, you can see versions one and two. I began by cutting the inspiration image in half and using my "complete the picture" technique on the upper then lower half with my acrylic markers. This was such a fun exercise!
I spent the time straightening up a few things on my table.
TUESDAY - Stay at Home Day (or NOT!)
During the new Early Explorers hangout, I did another page inspired by yesterday's lesson by gel printing "leaves" directly onto the page, adding some mark making for additional leaves in Stabilo Woody crayons and Caran d'Ache Neocolor II. The branches and stems were drawn in with colored pencil to complete the page:
Later, I took a Lino Cut class with @linolordpress just to see what stamp carving was about and then after tea time, I headed back up for Tuesday Explorers and worked on this collage:
After dinner, I zipped up to my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee. Here is the small group of friends who attended this evening:
I showed off my latest quilt projects and completed not ONE...
But TWO pages in my new Collage Scraps Altered Book journal:
WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday
During Midweek Meetup, I worked on the final painting in my Watercolor journal. This was from a FREE class with Tammy Kaye that I missed a couple weeks ago:
Later, Belinda and I met for the Joyful Art Zoom. Here we are before getting started on the day's projects:
No art photo today as I spent the time setting up my NEW watercolor journal.
Next I scooted over to Beth's for their community's Artist's Showcase at The Gathering Place in the main building. Here we are with a selection of her knitwear on display:
I bought these two beautiful postcards and grabbed a cocktail napkin from the circulating hors d'oeuvres to add to my personal journal:
THURSDAY - Quilt/Art Day
Weekly Quilt Group met at Britt's this week. I shared my latest YELLOW scrap project with this group of friends, none of whom were in attendance at the meeting on Tuesday. After lunch, Britt and I enjoyed an ART-venture. I brought my computer to watch the Permission to Play lesson from Lisa Riehl that I missed yesterday afternoon. Britt decided to paint along. Here we are with out completed watercolor landscape paintings:
FRIDAY - Knit Group
We met at 1928 Millhouse Coffee today. Tracy was a real trooper since her return flight from her trip to New York City didn't arrive until 2 AM:
After a quick lunch, I went upstairs for Deandra's Art Zoom. I keep meaning to circle back to the Inchie Challenge, but a page in my personal journal called to me this afternoon:
During my Weekly Evening Art Zoom, I started with an image to build a collage around, but switched tactics midway when the colors weren't flowing. Once I found the tomato plant and the garden phrase, the page came together quickly:
SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week. I hope to catch up with everyone this weekend.
What about some YELLOW scrappy progress this week, Joyful???
I auditioning binding options for the runner that I quilted at the recent mini retreat:
Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.