Saturday, August 8, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC26 - Week 32

WARNING:  Photo Heavy Post!!!

Welcome to Week 32 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week might be a bit different from previous weeks.  Errands and meetings on the calendar will still feature prominently, but there will be even more art classes than usual!  My goal for the week is to knock out a YELLOW project for the RSC.  Here's hoping that will actually happen!

Let's start with what you didn't see yesterday...

It was the beginning of the Summer Creative Retreat (SCR) hosted by Peggy Dean at The Pigeon Letters and I took in two of the watercolor classes:

Loose Layered Landscapes with Caitlin @ Kate Drew Designs.  A mountain scene...


As well as a field of poppies:


Then Tranquil Lagoon Landscape which didn't look like a lagoon to me, but resulted in the following painting thanks to Nikki Hess @ Lavender and Sea:


I also attended The Worktable event with Claudette Hasenjager where I worked on a couple of little journals that have been empty for longer than I can say.  I did one page in the little altered book on the left and another in the little zine on the right...


Pleased to have made progress:


Here's how this week went...

SUNDAY - The week began with a Zoom-y ARTventure with Britt.  I :


After lunch, I went back upstairs to catch up on a lesson from Tammy Kaye that I missed last week.  Here is the watercolor floral bouquet that I painted:



The day began with errands and moved on to this week's Library Crawl over on Get Messy where we revisited a class by Meghann Early from the Season of  ???.  Rainbows make me happy so I decided to experiment with watercolor on the gel plate.  The following photo is of the resulting journal page:
 

Since all Get Messy memberships was extended, I decided to watch this month's offering, Vanessa's 31 Days of Art Journaling class before that ends.  It's an involved project which will need to wait for a little while before I can participate in the weekly lessons.

In neighborhood news...

I noticed a moving truck on my way into the studio:


At long last the neighborhood is fully occupied!!  The final new homeowners moved in today.  The house actually sold 5 properties ago, but for some reason, they waited MONTHS to make their way into their new home.

After dinner, I watched the Summer Creative Retreat lessons from Willa Wanders and Claudette Hasenjager.  Since I was downstairs for the evening, I didn't do any of the work.

TUESDAY - Stay at Home Day

Chores, paperwork and a few SCR lessons filled my day.  I watched a live watercolor lessons from Traci Bautista, but didn't do the swatch work.  Painting along with Ohn Mar Win was fun:


 I also made a start on the Glowing Sunset lesson from Kolbie Blume, but didn't get very far on it.

WEDNESDAY - Art Day

The Jen and Joy Show was canceled today.  Jen had an emergency to deal with.  I took in a couple of today's lessons from the Creative Summer Retreat.  Here is the mixed media landscape painting that I did in the live Loosen Up Your Landscapes class with Katie Moody using gouache, watercolor, Neocolor II crayons, and colored pencils...


I circled back to the class with Kolbie Blume @ This Writing Desk and completed this:


And caught up on the Ink and Weird Things lesson from Michelle Tasker @ Shelle Creates:


Later, I met with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom Call.  No photo of the two of us today.

THURSDAY - Quilt/Art Day

Weekly Quilt Group met at Deborah's.  I took photos for the blog, but no group photo.  Once the meeting was over, I had an errand to run before heading to Britt's house for lunch and an ARTventure.  This week we played with the paper scraps on her table to create some collage clusters, an activity that I don't often engage in on my own:


FRIDAY - Knit Group

We met at Beth's house and the meeting ended before I could get a group photo.  Here are those of us remaining after Linda's Zoom session ended abruptly:


After a quick stop at Persnickety Books to support their Yard Sale and grabbing some takeout for lunch, I went upstairs for BB Journals Jumpstart LIVE Zoom.  Here are the "messy papers" made during the session:


After Deandra's Art Zoom.  Today, I found myself choosing to work on a UFO in YELLOW for a combined project with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I stitched back the arcs on a quilt block received from my friend Diane a few years ago and dug out a pin cushion in progress that needs a bit more stuffing before I close up the gap:



Once I finished dinner, I went back up to the studio for some more catch up work from SCR.   Watercolor Florals with Everyday Objects with Sushma Hegde.  Here is a collection of photos from the series of small paintings I created...

Roses painted with the blunt end of a plastic fork - leaves with a paint brush:


Lily using a paint brush (both ends) and the back of the sharp point of a seam ripper:


Nasturtiums using my fingers and the end of a broken paint brush:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

In YELLOW scrappy news...

I now have two completed blocks for the 3-block table runner that I'm hoping to finish this month.  One that came to me completed in a scrap bag and the one I stitched yesterday:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool painting roses with plastic utensil blunt end. Looks like you've got your yellow scraps ready to go! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.