Welcome to Week 33 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! This week promises to be a surprise. More art vs. more quilting? Only time will tell.
Read on to see what transpired...
SUNDAY - Art Zoom with Britt...
Found me painting the first layers of the following sunset scene based on a photo from a friend...
Then I painted one of the lessons (apologies, but I apparently neglected to take note of the artist's name) I missed during the Summer Creative Retreat while waiting for paint to dry:
MONDAY - Art Day
The day began with a trip to my friend Gayle's garden. I met Britt there and we dug some Ditch Lilies:
Since I was out, I made a quick stop at the grocery store before heading home for lunch. Afterwards, I went up to the studio for this week's Library Crawl over at Get Messy. We took in a lesson from The Heart Journal by artist Essie Ruth:
TUESDAY - Stay at Home Day
Chores, paperwork and a bit of painting filled my day. I completed the landscape commission for a friend, but will wait until it's delivered to share the reveal. Once that was done I moved on to a lesson from Crystal Tan:
WEDNESDAY - Art Day
I ran an errand before the temperature climbed, but got home in time for the Jen and Joy Show! Today, I opted to finish this YELLOW pin cushion for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:
Later, I met my friend Belinda for our Watercolor Zoom:
This week I only managed to get the first layers down on the Splotch Flower lesson from Tiare Smith @tiaresmithart. Here is the completed painting:
Before heading back downstairs for tea time, I took one more look around the studio for some paperwork that has been missing for months. I dug through a "stash and dash" bag from a quick clean up of my living room "nest" and am thrilled to say...
I FOUND IT!!!
THURSDAY - Quilt/Art Day
Weekly Quilt Group met at Maggie's without me. :o((
Here I am, dressed with my quilting friends in mind, waiting for my dentist appointment...
And lunch, Britt and I met for (what was intended to be) a Zoom-y ARTventure. In my headache induced haze, I apparently didn't manage to capture a photo - even though I specifically made a valiant attempt at the beginning of our call. Sigh...
I worked on NOTHING!! :o((
My head hurt too much for me to concentrate on anything more than a chat. After a single session, I went downstairs to nap on the couch. Noticed that my face felt warm and found that I had a 100.4 temperature, which is high for me. Sleeping on the sofa was impossible so I grabbed a quilt and finally fell asleep on the bed. When I woke 3 at 8 PM, My fever was gone and I felt completely fine. So random!
After a stop at the store and a quick lunch I went upstairs for Deandra's Art Zoom. I intended to start on the Inchie Challenge that I signed up for, but didn't do last week. However, thanks to a snack sized baggie of paper scraps from Britt, the first page in my new Collage Scraps Altered Book journal called to me. It's a hodgepodge of small scraps, but it seemed like a great way to bring Britt to the meeting when she was too busy to attend today:
SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.
I'm off to a mini retreat at Britt's this morning. I'll plan on reporting back next week. Check back then if you'd like to see the projects that were worked on. Here is one of the YELLOW scrap projects that I plan to work on:
Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.