Saturday, November 4, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 44

Welcome to Week 44 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, I was slammed back into the realm of reality.  Work dominated my days, but I fit in art and quilting when able.

Wanna see???

SUNDAY - Coming into the new week, I started it off by Zooming with my Easy Like a Sunday Morning hangout friends from Get Messy and a little bit of art.  I painted these Iris with my new watercolors:


After lunch, I blew Knittingsuek away by my productivity at Retreat.  We put on our surprised faces for your benefit:



This was Iris advertisement I was inspired by yesterday...


I mixed these shades to coordinate with the lightest purple on the facing page:


TUESDAY - Tidy Up Tuesday

DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!!  I actually FINISHED a quilt UFO!!

Sunday afternoon, I watched Andrea's Watch. Learn. Play. Lab from last night.  She made a little accordion journal from a single sheet of Mixed Media paper and I used colors and marks much like hers to make one of my own.  After the paint was dry, I decided to add one of the stickers from a bit of happy mail:


WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday

I missed Zooming with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color last week so I raced home from work this afternoon for catch-up call: 


THURSDAY - Work... Again.  I was spared a trip to the grocery store.  Thank you, DS2!!!  After dinner, I went up to work on the new class from The Roben's Nest, but ended up mixing up some watercolors and painting "dots" for Saturday's Get Messy's FREE Pocket Gratitude Journal class instead:



Don't miss that post!!  If you do, you will miss a better look at the stack of projects below:


Knit Group met without me (again) this morning.  I've got bad news.  They will be meeting without me for the foreseeable future.  My work schedule changed and I'm going in to work an hour earlier until the end of the year.  The holiday rush has begun.  :o((

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I will be digging into these Dark NEUTRAL scrap baskets this month...

Black:


Dark Multi:


Or Brown:



Which basket would YOU choose to work with during November???

You see, Angela didn't call for a color, but for "Block set completion and assembly".  That doesn't exactly work for the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge so I made an executive decision and participants can play that any way they choose.  Me?  I'm still not sure which of the overflowing baskets will win out.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. Brown. November was always 'stick season' with all the colorful leaves off the trees! But that fun black with all the swirls needs to get used this month too.... didn't you hear it yelling, sew me into something please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work sure gets in the way of our fun doesn't it? I worked nearly full time this week, which isn't my normal schedule. It definitely cut into my sewing time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that you made scrap baskets for those colors! I would go for the brown scraps. Why not throw them together with some beige neutrals and see what happens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pretty bin of blacks with brights is calling to me! I would play with that if I were you. Whatever you choose - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In October, I started a brown scrap basket because I don't have one. I'm still working on it. It's my L-E while I finish the borders on Irish Stars. I might have a basket at the end of the month. I love your colourful finished UFO of this past week. Well done. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun week - well - all except the work part haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.