Saturday, November 25, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 47

Welcome to Week 47 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week may not see much in the way of sewing or arting, as work is ramping up for the holidays. We'll see how it goes.

Today's post begins with the events of last Saturday...

LIVE Zoom with members of The Roben's Nest art membership:


I made some decadent homemade Italian Hot Chocolate late in the afternoon:


A short stamping and gel printing session rounded out my evening:


SUNDAY - Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!

The morning began with the Easy Like Sunday Morning Zoom session with my friends from Get Messy.  I worked on this collage.  It's fabric on paper with a watercolor background:


After lunch, I enjoyed my weekly Zoom with Knittingsuek:


After dinner, I watched a webinar featuring tips about Paper Piecing for people who hate to paper piece.  The class outlined how to make the Outshine Star block...


From Rebecca Bryan, author of Make Modern Triangles.:


MONDAY - Work

I did a tiny bit of art beforehand...


Along with some pressing:


After work, I found that the Alpaca Chicken in Briar Creek is already decorated for Christmas...


Can you say MISTLETOE??  The tree that I parked in front of at RDU airport was decorated, too:


TUESDAY - Work

Once dinner was done, I headed up to the studio for another sewing session:


WEDNESDAY - Work

Zooming with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color is always a treat...


But so was cooking up the Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline topping.  No one will notice (or care) tomorrow that I sampled some for tonight's dessert because I'm the only one in my family who will eat it!  Fortunately, one of my coworker will be happy to share some on Monday:


THURSDAY - Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers!

While the turkey was baking, I went up to the studio to see if I could find a Dark Neutral scrap chunk for the back of my ABC (Table) SCRAP Challenge entry:


When pressing the blocks for my ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry this morning, I looked over at the calendar and realized that TOMORROW is the day the Link Party begins.  All the hours I've been working have done a number on my perception of time!  I'm headed back up to the studio once I put the turkey on to bake.


Work.  Really?!  Yep.  I was scheduled to go in now that we have a retail facility onsite.


SATURDAY - Work, again.  WHAT?!?!  I was shocked to discover that we were "all hands on deck" this weekend.  Shocked and supremely disappointed since my Quarterly Quilt Bee is having a Sew Day today and I can't be there!  :o((

I was really hoping to be able to get the backing pressed and sewn for my 2023 SAHRR quilt:


It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  Of course, since I'll be at work, I'll have to catch up with everyone later on (or tomorrow.)

I do love coming out of work at sunset:


They will only get more glorious as the days pass.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

9 comments:

  1. I don't paper piece often but when I do I use Rebecca Bryan's method. I've had good luck with it. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound very organised in the way you schedule craft related items around your working hours. I’m impressed by how much you fit in during a week. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking that making a Christmas quilt for the SAHRR is a super idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That working thing really gets in the way of creativity, doesn't it? Hope you find some time for a backing for that lovely Christmas quilt. Have a good week, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like finding out you have to work on a Saturday when you already had other plans! I do hope you get a chance to work on the backing for your beautiful SAHRR, though. The sweet potato casserole looks yummy! Recipe, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so busy every week that I am constantly amazed that you manage to fit in some creativity! Working on a Saturday? That just isn't fair! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! So much work!!! Glad you managed to squeeze in some creativity time anyway. Your SAHRR looks great! Time to finish 'er up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about all the work, but you did get some nice things in during this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have had a very busy week, Joy. I always enjoy seeing the variety of projects that you work on. You have got me inspired to work on my journals . I worked on painting some papers for a new journal this week. Thank you for being an inspiration. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.