Friday, November 3, 2023

Design Floor Friday - Pedal Pushers Retreat - My Projects

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  As you may have read, I was in the mountains last week for a Quilt Retreat.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with members of the Cabarrus Quilters' Guild and friends.

MONDAY - Reunion with an old friend:


Gifts from our Retreat Coordinator...


And sister Retreaters, Michelle and Natalie:


Thanks, you three, for your thoughtfulness and generosity!!

And the sewing begins...

Some of you commented on the process photo I included in Saturday's post.  Here is the finish:


Find the story of this quilt in this week's TidyUp Tuesday post.



I brought along a small stack of Orphan Blocks in October's Color of the Month:


I arranged them tonight and stitched them together...


Then promptly set to work making binding and preparing a backing:


Thank you to Ella P. and Diane for the Orphan Blocks and fabric strips!

What's next up, Joyful???

A date with Jack (the seam ripper) and the Patriotic UFO that I brought with me:


Finally, some calculations and a plan for the Orphan blocks from my nephew's wedding quilt and some additional fabric scraps:


TUESDAY - Bringing a plan to fruition...


 One quilt square at a time:


After dinner, I stitched blocks into rows, but didn't take any photos.  Sorry about that!

Keep scrolling...

WEDNESDAY - Because not long after breakfast, this quilt top was done:


By lunchtime, this scrappy purple quilt was ready to stitch into rows:


Once that was prepped, I gave Anita a big handful of scraps from my basket:


That's one way to make a quilter's day...
And bring my scrap basket under control!!!  :o))

The "Asthma Twins" were busy working on projects:


After lunch, I am pleased to report that the rows are coming together:


By tea time, the quilt top was assembled!  Ignore the fact that I'm holding it upside down...


Here's the beauty shot, assuming you can take your eyes off the clear blue sky beyond it:


After dinner, the Blue and White quilt top posed with the view:


A bit of random sewing happened, but I neglected to take additional photos.

THURSDAY - The morning view from our window...


As the sun rises higher in the sky:


But, WAIT!!!  There's MORE...

It looks like a good day to start a NEW project... And finish it, too:


Posing for a beauty shot in the gentle mountain breeze in the middle of the afternoon:


Our room with a view came with some beautiful flowers:


Tiffany and I savored one last evening walk after dinner:


Once we returned to the Sewing Room, I was inspired by Alice's petal-shaped Bowl Cozy...


I searched through my Quilted Scrap Basket for something big enough to make one of my own:


Thank you for the batting square and for passing along Colleen's template:


FRIDAY - Special thanks to our hostess, Carol and the staff of the Retreat Center!!  The Pedal Pushers Retreat was just the getaway that I needed before the holiday hubbub rolls in at work.

I am SEW pleased with the week's productivity...


And suddenly the week is gone and I'm all packed up to head home:


Hoping to see you all again next year!!!



Did you miss the 2023 Pedal Pushers Retreat mini-series?

Start HERE!!

For last year's retreat reports, click on the following links:

Until next time...
Relax, RETREAT, and Restore!!!

Sharing with Alycia
for

13 comments:

  1. Such fun, I always get so much done at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an amazing retreat! You got so much done. I never seem to get that much done at my retreats. Where was it held? Looks like a beautiful location. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got a lot done at the retreat, Joy! I bet you enjoyed all that sewing time. The purple top is amazing, and so is your blue new start. I really liked seeing everything you worked on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a wonderfully productive retreat. Love that 9-patch blue/white quilt especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your projects, Joy, especially the purple one. Anita looks so happy to get your scraps. It's probably one of her favourite colours too. I love what you did with the orphan blocks in the October's colour of the month. Well done! Was the blue and yellow top a jelly roll race? I love the colour combo. Kudos! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great! I love your projects and the finish pile is impressive. I especially like the purple top with the one block going a different way - nice touch. Amazing what a few days of sewing nonstop can produce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very productive retreat... and no emergency room visit this time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really had your nose to the grindstone and accomplished so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, can you get a lot done when there's no work or journaling getting in your way. Good for you and a great way to calm yourself down before the silly season starts.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just catching up with my blog reading after my retreat. You were SEW productive! I love the purple quilt and the blue and white quilt. Everything is gorgeous! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. So impressed by all your progress!!! Bravo! Such beautiful quilts

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post!!! I enjoyed all the projects, the smiles and cheered you all along. Have a joyful weekend! You always do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.