Thursday, September 1, 2022

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 43 - Jeannie's Crazy 'bout ORANGE

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!  I missed adding this yesterday.  Sorry, Jeannie!  Posting here on the blog and hoping it will still link to the party.

The following, from Ravelry's Quilters Knitting Group, was posted on 8/29/22 - 

I was running out of the month to work on my August "Orange" challenge.  Had different ideas I wanted to try but decided to do some improv quilting.  I put all of my oranges into a bag, pulled a piece out & sewed.  I still need to quilt this.  This is what I have so far:


And on the 31st...

In the nick of time, I finished my August Table Scraps Challenge - Orange (embroidery was an option that I didn’t have time for).



Give Jeannie's ORANGE project some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her crazy bright project.  I certainly did!  Thank you for sending these photos for the blog, Jeannie.  This project makes such good use of those small strips and awkward bits that SEW many of us (quilters) save.

That wraps up the ORANGE edition of the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.  Join us the LAST Friday of September for projects filled with Light BLUE and/or PUMPKINS.

Until then...
USE those (table) scraps!!

5 comments:

  1. Such a shame September wasn’t orange month to go with the pumpkins. I suppose we do have a blue/grey pumpkin. It will be interesting to see what everyone makes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of pulling scraps from a bag and just sewing. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great little scrap project…pull and sew…and look at the fabulous result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeannie, that is a really cute mug rug. The pulling fabric from the bag technique really worked well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My orange loving daughter would absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.