Saturday, September 3, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 35


Welcome to Week 35 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Are you wondering what the week was like in Joyful QuilterLand?  If, perhaps, ORANGE sewing involved?  I wondered about that, as well.

Read on to see how the days unfold...

SUNDAY - My weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek...


... Was followed by an afternoon of art-ing. ORANGE fabric scraps were involved!  I decided on a lovely Kaffe scrap as a ruffle embellishment on a journal card for the RUFFLE prompt for today's 5 Minute Art Challenge.  The fabric coordinates perfectly with my Washi Tape Journal - right down to the surprise inclusion of the word FedEx in the scrap of painted paper that I layered with the fabric.  The journal was created with a FedEx envelope, as I couldn't find a manila folder to use:

Sorry!  I'm not sure which friend gets the credit for that lovely fabric scrap.

MONDAY - Monday meant work, along with Wordle...


And Quordle, which I very nearly lost today:


When I got home I headed up to the studio to work on today's 5 Minute Art Challenge.  The prompt?  Creepy.  As I really don't DO creepy, I had a particularly hard time with what to make for this one!

Until...

I remembered that I usually think of photo transfers on the gelli plate as being fairly creepy.  An old issue of Threads magazine offered the mannequins in the advertising section at the back.  Between layering two images on at one time, using black paint for the transfer, my color choice for the pull, and not waiting long enough for a clear image, I think I successfully depicted the theme:

Notice, if you will, the ORANGE paint "scraps".  That totally counts for the RSC, right?!

TUESDAY - It was an art-y day, but there was fabric and tread involved, so I'm calling this a paper quilt... In August's Color of the Month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, too:


WEDNESDAY - I got home just in time to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


I outlined this month's ORANGE section of my Pas De Deux coloring sheet.  That's my RSC project (bare minimum) for this year.  August's goal accomplished on the very last day:


THURSDAY - Today, the RSC Quilters say goodbye to orange...


... and hello to Light BLUE!!  That's September's Color of the Month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


Work.  It was a slow day, so I had no trouble fitting in my puzzle time.  I started with Wordle for an easy win:


Quordle was next with a near miss, but I managed to pull off a win:


FRIDAY
 - Knit Group canceled today, but I did an episode of "Coffee and Collage" up in my studio.  As has been my tradition, I worked in my #flowersmagicchallenge journal.  I started off with one of the last blank pages and a paper napkin...


... And ended up with a lovely journal spread:

Please note the Light BLUE paint in honor of September's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  (The direct link wasn't available at the time of this posting, but I will add it later.)

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of artsy accomplishments this week, both fabric and paper. Very pretty stuff. I don't know about gelli so I'll have to *google* that one. Great job on your word puzzles also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I like seeing your efforts on Wordle. I got "fungi" too, but can't believe "fugly" is even a word! That's funny! Looks like you had another busy week of Zooming, art, journaling, and the like. You do everything, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Joy. Glad to see your creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been creating and even getting orange and light blue in the mix as well. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see what you're doing with paint, paper, and collage! I'm partial to those sunflowers. Just realized I haven't done my Quordle yet, today - better get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sunflowers...try to work them in to every journal I make. And you are very creative with your envelopes and 'junk'! I do Wordle every day but I think I'm getting worse! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.