Saturday, September 17, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 37

Welcome to Week 37 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Our hostess, Angela, has the RSC Quilters working on our Light BLUE scraps.  This was a full week and some sewing was involved, but is wasn't in the Color of the Month.  As usual, I have found a way to include it, anyway.

Wanna see???

SUNDAY - This is a section of the quilt on our bed.  It was made by members of Capital Quilters Guild in Raleigh.  It's hard to believe that I won it more than 20 years ago:


My week started off with a Zoom call with Knittingsuek:

Note the Light BLUE shirt!!  :o))

The day's ABC Printing Challenge prompt was "J" for Jeans:


MONDAY - This morning, I met up with a friend and it turned into another episode of Coffee and Collage.  I transformed the pencil drawing on the left with bits of paper, some colored pencil, and a few paint pens:


Late in the day, I worked on another gel print and a journal card for the Art Journal in September challenge:


TUESDAY
- Abstract photo?  Apparently, I moved as a was attempting to capture the sunset as we left for our evening walk:


WEDNESDAY - I finished a UFO today.  Just in time to meet the deadline!  It's my Guild challenge quilt.  I'll post about it next week.

In the meantime...

Today was a work day.  I'm pleased to say that I won at Wordle...


And Quordle, too:


It was a glorious afternoon, but for some reason traffic was at a standstill on the interstate:

Beautiful Light BLUE skies for my RSC friends.

An alternate route got me home just in time to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


After dinner, I worked on my version of "N" for Nature gelli print:


THURSDAY - My day began with some drawing.  Below is the photo of my interpretation of the ECLIPSE prompt for Day 10 of the Inchie Challenge:


It was another work/Wordle day today:


Of course, I played (and won) the day's Quordle game, as well:


Once the work day was done, I spotted this sign as I headed downtown:


Outside my destination, this old carousel horse appears to be looking longingly at the books inside May Memorial Library.  I was on the hunt for journal material at the Used Book Sale:

He's sporting a bit of Light BLUE on his blanket.

A new Car Wash just opened and is offering FREE washes.  I can't even tell you the last time my car had a bath!

Soaped up...


And rinsed off:


FRIDAY - Knit Group turned into Coffee and Collage for me:


It was good to see these friends again:



SURPRISE!!!

I did quilt a scrap of Light BLUE this afternoon to test out last weekend's longarm "repair" performed by DS1.  The stitch regulator appears to be working, but the tension needs an adjustment:


Once that test was done, I headed out to Ella's to pick up a scrap bag:

Thanks, Ella!!

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

This is where I was headed last night...

Finish It Friday:


I worked on cutting batting and backings for two 2021 Positivity quilts:


They will soon be quilted and once the cutting was done, I drew my LAST square for the Inchie Challenge.  The prompt was INTERWOVEN:


With my drawing complete, I dove into that lovely bag of fabric scraps and I spy some Light BLUE for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


Hmm... What shall I make???

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. You are becoming quite the artist. Or should I say "arteest"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing to see all the art and projects. A whirl wind of a week with so many place to be and see. The energy is positive for all the creative endeavours, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun projects and lovely journal pages. I specially like the "gel print and a journal card" one.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing well with the journal/collages! What fun to meet with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scraps are becoming one of my favorite things to sew with. Quilty friends who share scraps are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.