Saturday, September 10, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 36


Welcome to Week 36 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I've been busy with a series of artsy projects.  What are the chances that came with a side of sewing?

Read on to find out...

SUNDAY - I enjoy beginning my week with a Zoom call with Knittingsuek...


Late in the day I finished my final journal card for the 5 Minute Art Challenge:



MONDAY - The Labor Day holiday was spent at home.  Art-ing a good bit of that time, I happened upon the ABC Printing Challenge from Gelli Arts.  I was so excited to have a reason to use my gelli plate that I got caught up on the first 5 days of the challenge before dinner:


I also carved some "fun foam" stamps...


... And cut a few to mount on heavy card stock:


TUESDAY - I spent the day amazed by this glorious view of the neighborhood...


... Because when I stepped off the porch and looked the other way, my barometric headache was clearly explained:


I did some color play with the FABRIC prompt for the ABC Printing Challenge and even added a bit from the scrap bin.  Hey!  There's Light BLUE in it so it counts for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, right?  Not a conventional use, but there you have it:


No fabric included, but this journal card for the #artjournalinseptember challenge is all about the Light BLUE (sky) for my take on the BUTTERFLY prompt:


Today was the start of the Inchie Challenge.  I cut up an early painting of mine to create a series of small "canvases" that measure 2 x 2 " square.  These will be the jumping off point for additional layers.  I used a me-made LEAF stamp and did some doodling for today's prompt:


WEDNESDAY - It was a slow day in Joyful QuilterLand.  I did some mindful drawing on a sparse bit of that old painting I'm using for the Inchie Challenge.  For my attempt at the TWIST prompt, I mimicked Amy's example from the email she sent:


This afternoon, I enjoyed spending time with LeeAnna during our weekly Zoom call:

Notice that we are both sporting the RSC Color of the Month!  :o))

I couldn't resist including this incredible sky photo, taken just prior to our evening walk:


THURSDAY - Work...  After a bit of art:


You can't tell by the art shared, but I was having a day.  So much so that I actually LOST at Wordle today:


After work, I ...


... And was inspired to get even further ahead on my #artjournalinseptember project, with what may be my most favorite journal card yet.  The BOLD prompt had me reaching for a "clean the plate" gelli print, a bit of "use it up" watercolor paper, and my me-made foam stamp.  I also grabbed the brightest Posca pens in the pen cup to spread the color around the card with some outlining and doodling:


FRIDAY Knit Group was meeting, but without me.  I had just enough time to add (rain) SPRINKLES to another "ocean" collaged bit for the Inchie Challenge before leaving for work:


You KNOW what that means, don't you???

Next up, Wordle...



Along with Quordle:


This afternoon, I did some Light BLUE art shopping.  That spiral bound watercolor pad was marked 50% off at Michaels and the double stick tape was on sale at Hobby Lobby... The ONLY store that had anything measuring less than a half-inch wide!  I'm hoping it's stronger than the tape I used on my Washi Tape journal:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  While I'm not making blocks this year, I am ready for a rummage through this Light BLUE basket to see if I can come up with components for my September 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge project which will combine my PUMPKIN(S) prompt with the RSC Color of the Month:


I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'm hoping to have something quilty to share soon.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

8 comments:

  1. I am a bit amazed you missed the Wordle on the 8th, after all those CLASSes that you have been taking!!LOL! How do you share the solution, a screenshot of your phone? Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing where "blue and pumpkins" takes you!!! It's got me scratching my head and rubbing my eyes!!! teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the sky scenes included...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty skies at your house this week! The 2 inch art challenge looks like fun, and I'm glad the art helps you wind down from work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is really taking off! I love visiting each week to see your creative side. Hope your headache got better. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you sneak in your classes before work! Such fun classes you are taking to work that creative side. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much creativity snuck in and around your days--just what you need! (Wordle was a misery to me this week, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy seeing your artwork, Joy! Re double-stick tape, Dollar Tree has a decent 1/4-inch version in their craft supplies aisle. In fact, depending on the store (some are better than others), there's a lot you can glean for art supplies there. Love the Wednesday sky pic. Looks like a phoenix or some other winged bird. Hubby gets those barometric pressure headaches pretty regularly, but they don't seem to hang on for long like my headaches do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed that both you and LeeAnna wore matching blue/aqua outfits. Even when you are not sewing RSC blocks, the color sheme is respected.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.