Friday, July 1, 2022

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 39 - Trekking in BLUEs

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  Sandra/Trek15 had no longer gotten finished saying that she had only pulled fabrics than she had posted the following:

A June finish for the Table Scraps Challenge using leftover strips (quilt as you go) and a piece of leftover binding in the perfect colour.  The back is navy/white ticking fabric.  Small pieces of wadding were sewn together to use up very tiny bits.  I machine sewed the binding to the front and, while it’s much faster, I don’t like it.  I’ll go back to my usual way of hand sewing binding to the back from now on, I think for me, the extra time is worth it.  Making this placemat and mug rug with bits and pieces was fun:



Apparently, admitting that actually ended up lighting a fire under her to get busy!  :o))

Give Sandra's BLUE projects some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing them.  I certainly did!  Thank you for sending this photo for the blog, Sandra.  I appreciate you sharing your these small quilts so that others may be inspired to use their fabric AND batting scraps, too!

Link Party REMINDER...

The June 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party started on Friday, June 24th @ 12:01 AM and through Tuesday, July 5th @ 11:59 PM due to the US holiday weekend.  At this posting, you still have the weekend to start and maybe even finish your own Bright/Dark BLUE and/or STRIPE-y project.  Will YOU join in the scrappy fun?

Until next time...
SEW those table scraps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.