Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tidy Up Tuesday - Show Your Stripes Blog Hop - Mr. Random Speaks!!

Welcome to another edition of Tidy Up Tuesday!!  Last month, I participated in the Show Your Stripes Blog Hop hosted by Carla @ Creatin' In the Sticks.  This is my Hop Prize announcement.  DS1 pulled out his phone to employ the help of Mr. Random.

The winning comment was Number 13...

A scroll back the list revealed that our winner is:

Your stripey pincushion is so cute. I like stripes a lot! Red and white, black and white, blue and orange, yellow and green. I can't decide, you pick! "grin"


Congratulations, Judy!!!

I notified Judy of her BIG win, via email:

You actually WON!!! Now, you have to decide what color you want. :P

FYI...

If you don't want/need another pin cushion, I can make a mug rug instead. 

Congratulations, Judy!!


The following conversation ensued...


Judy replied:

You can never have too many pincushions, can you.  I think a black and white would be fun! With or without a pop of color! 
Thanks so much!  That was unexpected. Do you need my address again or do you still have it?  
Again, thanks for the giveaway!
Judy

I responded with the following:

Black and white with or without a pop of color? OK. Got it!
I'm sure I have your address somewhere, but I couldn't find it when I looked just now.
Please send it along.
Thanks!
Joy

She sent her mailing address and that's when I warned her...

Thanks, Judy! I'll get this done as soon as I can. I'm not sure how long it will take, as it's a Challenge week for Project QUILTING and I have 3 client quilts in the house to finish.

This was Judy's gracious reply:

No hurry! No worries at all!


Would you believe that I got busy on her prize pin cushion???

The VERYNEXTDAY!!!

I thought that you might like some process pictures...

First, I pulled my favorite pin cushion book off the shelf:


I went in search of the appropriate scrap baskets and pulled
some of my favorite black and white prints, including a STRIPE
that I didn't end up using in my Hop project:


Piecing came next, but I didn't get a picture of that.  I had decided on the Tetrahedron
pattern, since I haven't tried making that shape before:


Stuffed with Batting scraps, crushed walnut shells, and fiber fill, Judy's new pin cushion is waiting to be stitched up:


Looking at it now, I probably should have turned it the other way around, as that black swirl fabric would have made a better base:


Here is the completed pin cushion (Speak up, now, if you hate it, Judy!), waiting for its trip to the post office:



Too bad I'm allergic to the post office!!  Days later...

I missed posting the above.  :o((

SEW...

I'm combining it with the receipt of the following.  :o))

The pin cushion went and this arrived:


Judy sent me this darling quilted card...

Thanks, Judy!  Do I spy one of the yellow scraps from my very own studio?!

... Along with a few kind words:


I'm SEW glad you like your new pin cushion, Judy!  I really enjoyed making it from some of the scraps in my collection.

Whooping it up with Sarah
@

and

Sharing with Cynthia
for

After several days, I got this review from Judy:

I am still loving the pinnie you gifted me, I like that it’s got a little heft. I placed a bobbin over a big headed pin when I was hand sewing the binding to my bunny mini and it worked so well! It just fed smoothly as I rethreaded my needle. Thank you again!


Until next time...
Stripes for the WIN!!!


7 comments:

  1. What a fun book to have, and I love the pincushion you made for Judy! It has a really unique shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad you shared your progress steps. You gotta know I love it! And now I learned the name of the shape! Tetrahedron. I may or may not have known that before! It’s been a good many years since high school! PS: you have a good eye...there is a scrap of yellow from the scraps you shared. “ I used it all up!”

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful pincushion.Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to make what she would like--good of you to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun exchange!!! Judy has such beautiful handwriting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pin cushion and congratulations to Judy! Love the thank you card she sent ... it's adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool shape and I'm sure Judy will enjoy using it. Um, I really think you can have too many pin cushions... I think I have 7 or 8 that I use somewhat regularly. Except, I can't find my favorite one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.