You might recall seeing THIS scrappy piece a couple of weeks ago:
The design was somewhat less than successful, but with some outline quilting (done in black thread) it makes a fun I Spy:
I searched the studio and came up with this shirt from the recently closed J. Crew brand...
... That a used for one of the two masks that I've made thus far:
This time, I used the J Crew shirt for the backing of the pillow I'm working on for a young friend:
I used the front of the shirt to include the pocket...
Then, created a secret pocket, as well:
Here is the completed pillow...
... And a close-up of Put the "L" in Pillow:
I think my recipient will be thrilled!
Sharing with Alycia
Until next time...