Sunday, April 26, 2020

Hands2Help 2020 - 4/26 - 1st Check-In

Welcome to the first check-in for H2H2020!!  In case you missed the original announcement, it's that time, again.  With five SIX charities from which to choose, YOU should be able to find one that speaks to your heart or caters to the size quilts that you like to make.  I signed up (early, in fact) and I know one of the charities (yes, more than one this year!) I will be choosing for this year's event.  In fact, I've already made BOTH of my quilts!

(Thanks to the global pandemic and national shutdown,) There's still time for you to jump in and make a quilt, too!  Search your heart and your stash.  I even published a TUTORIAL that my friend developed.  It easily makes use of your stash of large chunks of scraps to create a super quick quilt.

My own Magic Star quilt, from start to finish, was made in TWO WEEKS!!  The other quilt I made took QUITE a bit longer.  Here are my completed quilts waiting for their trip to the post office:



I keep forgetting to ask DH to bring home boxes.  :o((

Don't worry.  They will be mailed off soon enough.  :o))


Not SEW long ago, I posted about Mercyful Quilts.  That post was already in the planning stages when I discovered...  Serendipity!  It was on Sarah's list of participating organizations for this year.  Along with Mercyful, there are other charities who will be getting the bulk of the quilts made during this year's charity quilt drive:

  1.  Quilts of Compassion
  2.  Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo
  3.  Caregivers Quilt Initiative
  4.  Mercyful Quilts
  5.  Quilts for Cure
  6.  Little Lambs Foundation

Each organization has their own list of requirements for the quilts they hope to receive.  You will choose based on the quilt size and style that you prefer to make.  Sarah also allows for donations to your own favorite LOCAL charities, if postage will be a problem for you.

Watch for the following updates:

5/17 - Progress Check-In Post
5/31 - Finished Quilt Link-up Post




Sharing with Cynthia
for

Until next time...
QUILT for comfort!!

2 comments:

  1. I am working on my H2H quilts too. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear that your Magic Star will be an H2H quilt! Mine is still sitting as blocks in a pile, but I know it will go together quick when I get to it. Meanwhile, I should probably post a progress blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.