Friday, April 24, 2020

Design Floor Friday - The Flip Side

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  This week, I'm here to share the OTHER side of my niece's baby quilt.  It's been in the works for several months, but I've made great strides during the past week.

The bulk of the large center section was finished over the weekend:



The mother-to-be (thankfully) approved of the fabric:



With the focus done, that left the upper accent section to piece for a completed quilt top.  I've chosen to include these fabrics:




Ready to begin the stitching:



Here is the top section in progress.  I'm sewing love and care into every part of this special quilt...



... All that remains is attaching the sashing strips...



... Once that was done, I was able to put the top together:



Then, my thoughts turned to the quilt's back.  I had decided to use the fabric that I had originally selected for the background of the front.  There's plenty, but...




... I really like the ZZZ's shown on the cover of the PATTERN:



What could I do, but figure out a way to make that work on the back?!  You KNOW there was NO WAY to ignore this desire.  That meant choosing MORE fabrics:



Some of those didn't feel yellow enough to fit my niece's request for yellow.  Ultimately, I decided on this range of scraps with a few new pieces thrown in for good measure:




Catching some ZZZ's...



... Has never been SEW easy!!  The panel is now ready to be sewn into the backing to create a reversible quilt:



These fabrics have been reserved for the quilt's binding:




Now, all I need to do is piece that backing and finish the client quilt on the longarm (so that I can load this one.)  I may even get it completed BEFORE the baby arrives!  :o))

Sharing with Sarah
@

Until next time...
QUILT to give!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this. Never saw a baby quilt like this but it so cute! Great job on fabric choice. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect baby quilt pattern, expertly executed! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.