Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wonderful Wednesday - The QAL Edition

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  Jess over at Quilty Habit is hosting a Quilt A Long.  It's called Star Light, Star Dark and I've been looking forward to it for several weeks.

The fabric Link Up opened earlier this week, but I wasn't quite sure what I was going to use.  Searching through my stash, I think I've finally selected my main fabrics:



The colorful fabric came in a prize pack from Melissa at Happy Quilting last spring (meaning 2015.)  These fabrics are rainbow bright and I've been saving them for just the right project!  I believe Jess's QAL fits the bill.

The low volume (see I can speak Modern) came from the sale rack at Burkholders Fabric LLC in Lancaster PA when my quilt bee went on their CCLQ @ The Bluff Retreat at the end of last summer. These are white or cream with gray accents... something TOTALLY different from my norm!

The balance of fabrics will come from my very own Scrap Center:



I'm off to LINK UP with the other QAL participants.

Until next time...
Let your scrappy shine!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm doing the SLSD QAL, too! My colors will be on the blog Friday. Your scrap center looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your colors! I have used the Lizzy House butterflies now in both of my SLSD quilts. :D They are so versatile! Thanks for writing up a post! Didn't see the link up yet but I'm sure you will when you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very bright palette, my very favorite kind. Those fabrics will make a very fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new fabrics are so yummy! I think it's funny that neutrals have been renamed low volume in the modern quilting world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have a larged collection on your shelves to augment your initial choice. This is going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.