Monday, July 25, 2016

Mail Call Monday - Library Destash

Welcome to another edition of Mail Call Monday!!  This issue (as you may have gathered from the title) is about books.  Books in the mail.  :o))

NO!!!  I did NOT (am not) get(ting) rid of any books (as you might have thought when you read the title of my post.)

Happy mail.  In my very own mailbox!!  After answering an ad on Ravelry about a quilt book destash that ManicSpinner was hoping to accomplish.

SEW, you see...

I was doing my civic duty by helping a fellow Raveler.  (Why, yes, that IS my story - and I'm sticking to it!!)

I only selected these few books from the HUGE stack that was offered:


This is a quilt from Strips That Sizzle by Margaret Miller:


My quilt bee did a workshop a number of years ago, but I was involved in a project at the time.  I've wanted to make a Sizzle Quilt of my own ever since.

The quilt from Colorful Quilts For Fabric Lover by Amy Walsh and Janine Burke shown below is one that I've seen out in BlogLand and thought that it would be a nice pattern to use for a Kids Quilt:


The Cut-Loose Quilts book by Jan Mullen features wonky style piecing using ruler-free cutting.  The following Star Quilt looked like it would make a great Quilt of Valor donation:


Those stars appear to be Maverick Stars (like those I'm making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.)  However, if you look closely you will see that these stars are formed in the sashing NOT by assembling blocks.

Each book offers something a little different.  I am pleased to have added each of them to my own Quilting Library (for future use.)

Until next time...
Read me a quilt!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome books. Love Strips that sizzle quilt. WOW! I want one too. lol. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the start pattern above, I was wondering how much easier it would be to make those points all improv. It would be a terrifically easy quilt to make for even a beginner, and it would look great as a second chance quilt using up all those awful triangle scrap I've saved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.