Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer 2015 (Ravelry) UFO Club - The List

The Sign-ups for the Summer 2015 UFO Club are now OPEN. Any interested quilters with 5 (or more) UFOs were required to sign up by Midnight (EDT) on July 7, 2015. All qualifying UFOs must be completed and posted to this discussion thread by Midnight (EDT) on September 30, 2015.


I plan to focus on the following quilts:

Old Orange Commission - It has been on the back burner for nearly a year and my client would probably like to get it back sometime soon.  My goal is by the end of August.

Snow Star Swap - This has been sitting on a sewing room shelf for nearly 9 years and it's RED month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  While the BLOCKS are BLUE, the cornerstones in my design plan are RED stars.  So that works!

Strawberry Upside Down {short}Cake - I feel the need to complete this for my Quilt Guild, as it has been some months since I've turned in a Donation Quilt.


My reasoning for having multiple other projects listed is this:

Sometimes I just don't feel like working on one of my "short list" projects, so I give myself options... options that are still on my UFO List for the session!!  That way, no matter WHAT gets finished, I get credit toward my quarterly Club goals.  :o))


Here is my COMPLETE list for this quarter:

3 "C" Quilts:

1. Old Orange Commission (**8/24/15 DONE!!!**)


2. Calico Ric Rac

This top has proven a challenge.  Needs borders... but WHAT???

3. Circle of Friends

I've got a plan for the borders... just have to executed the plan.

3 Mystery Quilts:

4. The Margaret Mystery

I've got to make the pieced borders.

5. The Tiffany Mystery

This project has been sitting in a basket on the bookcase shelf for MORE THAN 10 YEARS!!

6. The Bonnie (Hunter) Mystery - GIMQ 2014

~ 48" x 63"


3 Swap Quilts:

7. Snow Star Swap

This projects has been sitting on a shelf in the closet for 8 YEARS!

8. Ravelry Red Swap

Swapped AT LEAST 5 years ago... and STILL not a quilt top!  :o((

9. Art Bee Slice Swap

Blocks were swapped at the December 2014 meeting, but these stragglers were traded in January 2015.

3 Other Quilts:

10. Where's Jackson?

At home
How many years CAN a dog sit on a sewing table?  Only time will tell...

11. QE2 Goodbye Quilt

2015 is the year to complete this quilt... I've been in NC nearly 15 years!

12. Strawberry Upside Down {short}Cake - (**DONE!!! 8/9/15**)

This Donation Quilt has been in the works since February and it's LONG past time to get it donated!!

Completed work will be posted as it occurs throughout the session and totals will be posted on or after October 1, 2015.  Wish me luck!!

Until next time...
Happy Finishing!!!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I love both your Circle of Friends and your Bonnie Hunter mystery quilts. I hope you are able to finish or make progress on many quilts this quarter! I hope it will be a productive quarter for me, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.